Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
I never got into Wizard, though I followed it's trad games cousin InQuest for a while. That said, I did get the Wizard JLA special issue and must have read it 100 times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Splint Chesthair posted:

Oh man, that JLA special! I was so excited for Morrison’s JLA and spent hours pouring over that issue. If I’m remembering right, Morrison said they had big plans for including Shazam/Captain Marvel on the team, but that never came to pass. I might have been the only person in the world other than Morrison who was excited about Zauriel, lol.

I don't think I knew anything about Morrison at the time, and so for years this picture from the JLA special was the image of them that came to mind:

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Top lols at Northstar being a diversity win... for Quebecois

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

X-O posted:

Wizard Magazine Issue #20 April 1993

Fan Art! No future superstars in this issue. Nope. Second time for Chris Battle, who was mentioned earlier in the thread? Guess he was steady submitting covers.

Hey, Sandy Carruthers! Sandy drew the Men in Black comic they adapted the movie from, I own a couple pages of it. We hung out when I was back in PEI a couple weeks ago.

Vulpes Vulpes fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Jun 23, 2022

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Unless I'm missing something, the title "The Man Without Fear" doesn't appear anywhere leading one to assume the title of this sick new mini is "It's Miller Time!"