Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
goddamned bookmarked! Thank you for your service, I didn't have too many issues because I stopped collecting comics in fall of 94 when I went to college and no longer had a job or spending money, so this is gonna be interesting. I also appreciate that you're including the ads. I really wish classic comic scanners included those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
that entire top ten is Marvel.

Was DC putting out any good non-Vertigo books at the time?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I'm more thinking of books we'd consider good by today's standards. I was full on marvel zombie at that point, so I had all those books.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
5 covers for a Robin series. the 90s were wild.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I still have my t shirt from the mighty mutant tour. It's not wearable outside the house though, big arm pit holes, collar is ready to fall off. But it's still in my closet

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I am amazed at how popular Lobo was, judging by the fan art section

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I completely ignored DC at the time. Even when came back to comics after colllege it was only Vertigo books all the day until One Year Later when I started reading a whole bunch, only to fall off again when Azzarello left Wonder Woman, which was the last of the nu52 I was reading that hadn't been canceled yet.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Jim Lee always seemed like a good guy, that was a nice interview. Lots of good art in the fan art section this month too. That Hulk drawing is great.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
#10 MOST POPULAR MORBIUS!!!!

hell yeah most popular character for thirty years, i know he's only going upwards from here

edit: who's the gold robot in the fan art this issue, i do not recognize them

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

NGL: I miss the cover art having the wizard robe and hat (or even just sash). It was more fun than just art of whoever they're featuring.

yeah, i was gonna mention this looks like the first issue to ditch the wizard theme on the cover.

Also: big YES on cosplay

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
This is the first issue where there were more non-marvel titles than marvel in the top 10.

They stopped top 10 heroes and villains because everyone had Morbius fever.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Six valiant titles in the top ten!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
We almost had a month with no Marvel in the top ten, but were saved by Morbius.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

X-O posted:

I think #18 was the first issue with no Marvel in the Top 10. It was the first one I noticed. And I can't be bothered to go look at the previous 17 before I hit the submit reply button so I must be right.

Yep, I've been fascinated by how Marvel has dominated these first few years. 18 was the first, but now we have three months with 18, 21, and 22.

Also, that kid who drew the ninja turtle in 19 had to be trolling us. Purple bandana, swords, and using Mikey's catchphrase!!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
hahahaa deathmate. I think I got the first issue but left for college in 1994 so didn't collect comics for probably five or six years

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Davros1 posted:

Don't you DARE call them Pogs!

i wonder which characters made their debut on these skycaps and how illustrious their publishing history has been

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Wow, 7 DCs and no Marvel this month!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
That McFarlane oped is amazingly hilarious

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
i suppose the description of that babe entry could have been worse?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
honestly, if you can't buy something except for second hand, gently caress it. creators aren't getting anything from your purchase anyways.

Was Wizard still around when Crossgen started? I enjoyed so many of those titles, did they get pushed there?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

TV Zombie posted:

I remember battle chasers having under 5 issues and like one of the reasons for the delay is that Mad was playing a video game and then he was trying to branch battle chasers into a video game or something

final fantasy

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Noticing a lot of sam kieth and dale keown inspired art in those fan pages.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
In #38, the rumors of the X-men being cancelled was the set up for Age of Apocylpse, right? And drat, majority Image in the top 10!

Edit: yup, just saw the The End ad in #39 right above lol

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

Huh he really is America's rear end!

And imagine being 15 and your mom's like "you can't get this magazine anymore because it has drawings of scantily clad women!"

I like how the shading makes it so one boob is floating up and to the right, while the other is drooping down and to the left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Opopanax posted:

It looks like they're just swinging around and that's to convey motion

DoA: Volleyball style!

that was a solid volley ball game