Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

X-O posted:

Wizard Magazine Issue #11 July 1992 (This is one of the least noteworthy issues for me. No really good articles at all.)

Cover

Contents

Wizard News

Spawn

Spider-Man

Article of Note

Brutes and Babes

Fan Art!

Gratuitous Nonsense That Probably Shouldn't Be Posted.

Top 10 Heroes and Villains

The Top 10

Random Ads

Could the young Jason Bone in the fan-art section possibly be J. Bone, the Canadian cartoonist most recently of the DC Pride Special's Kevin Conroy story? 18 in 1992 feels a little old but it would be neat.

Edit: I've gone ahead and shot him an e-mail-- hopefully I'll hear back with some confirmation or denial!

How Wonderful! fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jun 10, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

How Wonderful! posted:

Could the young Jason Bone in the fan-art section possibly be J. Bone, the Canadian cartoonist most recently of the DC Pride Special's Kevin Conroy story? 18 in 1992 feels a little old but it would be neat.

Edit: I've gone ahead and shot him an e-mail-- hopefully I'll hear back with some confirmation or denial!

He got back to me super quickly!

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

X-O posted:

Wizard Magazine Issue #12 August 1992

Cover

Contents

Wizard News

WildC.A.T.S.

Article of Note

Article of Note

Article of Note

Article of Note

Brutes and Babes

Fan Art!

The Top 10

Random Ads

Peter de Tina is almost certainly the concept artist of the same name. I wasn't familiar with his work beforehand but his style caught my eye so I figured I'd google. He's been working in animation and video games for awhile and you can see a definite throughline from his work now and this 30 year old fanart. So good for him!

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

X-O posted:

Wizard Magazine Issue #13 September 1992

Cover

Contents

Wizard News

Article of Note

Article of Note

Article of Note

Brutes and Babes

Fan Art!

The Top 10

Magic Words!

Random Ads

I think Chris Battle also went on to a successful career in animation, working on stuff like Ahh! Real Monsters, Dexter's Lab, The Powerpuff Girls, Samurai Jack, Teen Titans Go and more-- at least the location and the style seem to match up.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

X-O posted:

Wizard Magazine Issue #14 October 1992

Cover

Contents

Wizard News

Article of Note

Article of Note

Article of Note

Article of Note

Brutes and Babes

Fan Art!

MIA this issue for some reason.Weird.

The Top 10

Magic Words!

Random Ads

Michael "Gorilla" Pasquale seems to have done a lot of work straddling the line of fan and pro, but a lot of his social media presence looks to have been scrubbed, possibly over a ghosted Kickstarter project. Which is a shame because a lot of the art I saw was really nice.