Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Capitalism?
Capitalism ho!
Capitalism? No!
Capitalism no bueno
akuma no ism
View Results

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
is it time to say it's okay to go to chik-fil-a again?

because i gotta be real here. i think about those CFA nugs and tendies at least once a week. i spent a lot of my summers in Tennessee with my grandparents, and we got CFA a lot, so i can't just... i can't not think about them! i have tasted, and having tasted, i want.

but for like... i dunno, 20 years now? i've monkishly avoided CFA because, as we all know, they are literally a fundamentalist Christian cult that used to pay for gay conversaion therapy, which, as a non-straight myself, i obviously was like, "no"

and also, the last time i got CFA (20 year ago), the guy at the window asked me if a was a Satanist. no for real though, that happened. lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

no

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

how can they charge so much for a single chicken boob?

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

No, you should only spend your money at fast food restaurants that do good things for humanity

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Bad news they're still going with the anti-queer donations https://www.thedailybeast.com/christian-billionaires-are-funding-a-push-to-kill-the-equality-act

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
I have never gone to CFA but my work had them cater breakfast a couple times and it was super sad. 2 tiny chicken nuggets apiece on some kind of tiny roll of semi sweet bread and nothing else. Thanks guys

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
The healing cannot begin so long as chick-fil-a remains christian because christianity is a xenophobic religion.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
*holds envelope to forehead, Johnny Carson style*

"Peddy Edson, Billy Ray Blowjob, and Yaldabaoth"

how close did i get? haha

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

if you order from grubhub you technically didn’t cross the gay picket line, someone else did

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
stop cosplaying as greg of doom/billy ray blowjob/jeffrey dahmer/dare op you suck :gas:

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
:siren:JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN HARDLY TASTE THE BIGOTRY AND HATE DOESN'T MEAN IT'S NOT THERE:siren:

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
I only eat at ideologically pure fast food joints such as...

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

and then what? go shopping at hobby lobby?

theres other chicken nuggs you can buy that don't fund homophobia. i dont think bigotry makes food taste better.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

theres other chicken nuggs you can buy that don't fund homophobia.

yeah so it occurs to me that this probably isnt even true as all the chicken companies probably donate to the GOP

but still gently caress chikfila

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I had it for the first time in about 5 years last week

It was decent

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

what are you going to do instead, buy chicken straight from Tyson who funnel your crash straight to the CLINTONS??

you just can't win folks

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

As a vegetarian,

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008
just raise your own chicken. grow your own wheat. pickle your own cucumbers. idiot.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Who gives a poo poo, eat what you want.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Everything I've read about this place over the years is so hosed.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Everything we do puts money in the pockets of unethical people, there's nothing you can do about it. All you can do is decide where your line is. If your line doesn't exclude eating at Chic-fil-a, then go eat there.

Waffle fries are stupid though.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Chick-fil-A chicken is bland and soggy. Absolute garbage, even below KFC.

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror

Who What Now posted:

Chick-fil-A chicken is bland and soggy. Absolute garbage, even below KFC.

idk what's wrong with your local chick fil a, here it is unquestionably the top tier of fast food chicken. popeyes is a distant second and KFC is beneath consideration. plus popeyes always takes like 20 minutes and they're out of whatever you want half the time while CFA seems to be operated entirely by high school kids who are like, brainwashed-cult-level cheerful, but they get you in and out of the drive thru in about 2 minutes flat

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
it's ok to go to chik fil a as long as you do gay stuff in the restrooms

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Hardee's/Carl's JR's chicken sandwich is far superior

corn haver
Mar 28, 2020
please eat less garbage food op. you're always making threads about snacks that you bought at the gas station or fast food.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
gently caress you, i'm eating

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Any fast food joint is guilty of animal murder and willful destruction of our little spaceship Earth, an extra helping of homophobia is just flavoring

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i've never had it and probably never will. popeyes and mary browns hits all the right spots

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
popeyes supremacy bitch

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Nothing matters OP, eat where you want.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

kntfkr posted:

it's ok to go to chik fil a as long as you do gay stuff in the restrooms

This but at all fast food restaurants

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

we don't have jesus chicken in my country OP, sorry I can't help

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Nothing matters OP, eat where you want.

honestly this is the most realistic opinion

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i even drove by one once, whose sign said

APPLY NOW
TO JOIN
OUR CULT URE"

like they totally know what theyre doing

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

my city had one of the first chick fil as in the country open and there were extremely long lines for the first couple weeks, like literally 100+ cars in the first week backed up into the parking lot nearby and poo poo. it was honestly embarrassing lol

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

one near me has a sign that used tp say

NOW HIRING CLOSERS

but some kids stole the C

NOW HIRING LOSERS

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i was second guessing myself on whether there were actually any chick fil a in the UK, so I googled and lmao they got chased out basically

https://www.advocate.com/business/2020/4/06/chick-fil-shutters-last-uk-restaurant-after-protests

quote:

The location opened last October in a shopping center in Reading, England. Following public outrage, the center announced that the chicken restaurant's six-month lease would not be renewed.

Another restaurant, located in a Macdonald Hotels property in the Scottish Highlands, closed in January — just months after its October opening. The opening sparked months of protests. Scott Cuthbertson, an LGBTQ activist, launched a petition calling for its closure. It quickly accrued 1,000 signatures.

Additionally, Patrick Harvie, the first out bisexual member of the Scottish Parliament, called for a boycott of Macdonald Hotels among his fellow politicians, who often stay at the luxury Macdonald Aviemore Resort.

"We have a special responsibility to challenge them to drop their association with this toxic U.S. company which funds campaigns to undermine LGBT+ people’s safety and human rights," Harvie said, according to The National.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

precision posted:

is it time to say it's okay to go to chik-fil-a again?

because i gotta be real here. i think about those CFA nugs and tendies at least once a week. i spent a lot of my summers in Tennessee with my grandparents, and we got CFA a lot, so i can't just... i can't not think about them! i have tasted, and having tasted, i want.

but for like... i dunno, 20 years now? i've monkishly avoided CFA because, as we all know, they are literally a fundamentalist Christian cult that used to pay for gay conversaion therapy, which, as a non-straight myself, i obviously was like, "no"

and also, the last time i got CFA (20 year ago), the guy at the window asked me if a was a Satanist. no for real though, that happened. lol.

No.
And what's more, OP, I will never, EVER allow the healing to begin for you. Ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i need to know jimmyjams opinion on this

Chinatown fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jun 2, 2022