Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Capitalism?
Capitalism ho!
Capitalism? No!
Capitalism no bueno
akuma no ism
View Results

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
op just go to a loving jollibee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Chinatown posted:

i need to know jimmyjams opinion on this

he'll vote for boycotting CFA because it'll drive more traffic to his popular sandwich chain

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
(CFA isn't that great)

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Chik-fil-a is part of the woke mob now, OP. sorry, but they've been re-cancelled. there was a week in April where you could've ate there, guilt free.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

There is no ethical consumption at the top of the food triangle.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

:siren:JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN HARDLY TASTE THE BIGOTRY AND HATE DOESN'T MEAN IT'S NOT THERE:siren:

seriously its astonishingly easy to not eat at Bigot Bird.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Christians are just following orders, man. Not their fault the all-powerful creator of the universe will torture them forever unless they hate all the people on his naughty list.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

Chinatown posted:

popeyes supremacy bitch

but also

kntfkr posted:

it's ok to go to chik fil a as long as you do gay stuff in the drive-thru

Non Krampus Mentis
Oct 17, 2011

Scrungus Bungus from the planet Grongous
OP if you soak your chicken in pickle juice for a bit you have most of the CFA flavor taken care of. Then just roll it in breadcrumbs and fry it up and now you have delicious chicken that you didn’t have to pay CFA for.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
So like Chik Fil A doesn't even have good chicken. Everyone says it's good by fast food standards, but if you have to have that as a qualifier, well it says it all. I guess if you're only going to be going to a restaurant where you don't even have to park your car to dine there, I guess you could do worse as far as food quality, but it seems like you could do as well at a grocery store hot bar or something.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

lol if you eat meat. Just lmao

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Doctor J Off posted:

I guess you could do worse as far as food quality, but it seems like you could do as well at a grocery store hot bar or something.

The chicken tendies at Safeway are usually pretty good and are frequently 5 dollars a pound for 5 dollar fridays

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
the best thing about chik fil a is that the employees are not allowed to say "you're welcome". I tested this once by giving my name as "you're welcome" and they were like "my pleasure?" and I was like, "No. My name is you're welcome." and they were like, "My pleasure, got it!" Then I picked up the food and they said "Classic chicken sandwich with 14 chik fil a sauces for My pleasure?" and I says "Yeah, thanks." and they said, "My pleasure."

me and my bud were frotting the whole time. it was hot

stellae
Oct 3, 2021

A lurker in poster's clothing
It's okay as long you buy a queer goon archives after each visit.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
no

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I never stopped getting food from there because I have a very childish sense of right and wrong, and what they do with the money after it’s changed hands is no concern of mine. Frankly, I don’t want to know. For anything I buy. Ever.

I mostly get Wendy’s usually though.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
no one cared about the recreational outrage so no real healing needs to take place

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I only get my disgusting slop from small locally owned mom&pop racists and homophobes.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They used to give out free samples at the mall. Walk past that poo poo enough times and you got you’reself a free six piece nuggets. Asking for some bbq sauce might have broke the delicate balance tho. Head down, no eye contact, catch a busy streak and merge in with the crowd, free sample. :jerky:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
No real ethical consumption under capitalism but it doesn't seem like it's that big of a deal to pass on some of the absolute worst offenders, in particular for stuff like CFA where there's no real downside to not frequenting other than "but I wanna". There were some restaurants here I used to go to occasionally in the pre-covid times but then they had super chuddy responses to lockdowns and mandates and such so welp just never going there again. Like one put up required signage for wearing masks when entering (which tbh was kind of dumb when everyone just takes them off when they sit down anyways), only in poorly translated google mandarin chinese because turns out that the owner was just super racist. Stuff like that restaurant or CFA are so much less abstract and a negligible sacrifice that its frankly embarrassing people have so little principle.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

do you think the guy who named chick fil a just didn't know how to spell filet?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Everybody always says “no ethical consumption under capitalism”, was I not supposed to interpret that as “consume whatever you want”?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Everybody always says “no ethical consumption under capitalism”, was I not supposed to interpret that as “consume whatever you want”?
I mean I think the idea here is that if you take any fastfood place, except maybe real specific ones like Dick's in seattle

no really posted:

Dick's burgers in Seattle just upped its minimum wage to $19. It gives workers free health care, 3 weeks paid vacation, 50% 401 (k) match and $9,000 for tuition/childcare. Its basic burger costs $1.80.

they're all raking in that profit by underpaying staff and then inevitably the top brass is using that money to do lovely stuff politically so very few places you go could be called "good" or even just "not bad" hence the quote. However, leaning too far this way kind of comes across as the "and yet you participate in society" meme as a deflection of specific and warranted criticism. If there's a place you know is doing something uniquely bad, as opposed to a more generic complaint about our stratified and unequal economic and social hierarchy, it's a bit of a copout to fall back on that as a reason for your indifference. Like I'm sure if I dug into the owners of Jack in the Box and looked at their political contributions or such I'd frown, but I also can't say I've heard of them doing anything as uniquely egregious as funding a push for the death penalty for being homosexual in Uganda.

Like I personally avoid it but do absolutely get people who still shop at say walmart or amazon out of convenience or necessity despite them being pretty shining examples of capitalism gone wrong, but in the case of a restaurant you'd have to come up with a pretty contrived scenario to justify it as being one of your only reasonable options. I can't tell you exactly where in the sand I'd scratch my line but stuff like CFA or the local racist place in my previous post is certainly on the other side of it because of how uniquely and identifiably bad they've been alongside how not frequenting them is such a negligible sacrifice.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Ah yes examples of capitalism gone wrong like Amazon and Walmart.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Colonel Cancer posted:

Walmart is a failure of capitalism because it’s gross, crowded, and full of people even fatter than me. Amazon is a triumph of capitalism because it means I don’t have to ever go to Walmart again.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
McDonald's Crispy Chicken Sandwiches are better. loving FIGHT me. :colbert:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Colonel Cancer posted:

I suppose gone wrong implies there's a gone right but that wasn't really my intention. I should have probably said they were incredibly good examples of the endgame of capitalism in a way that implied this was not a compliment.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Fur20 posted:

op just go to a loving jollibee

I went to a Jollibee that opened in Maryland and I was looking forward to it and it was mediocre

It made me sad

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
Last time I went it cost like $11 for a spicy chicken sandwich combo with a lemonade which is really hard to justify over just going to Wendy’s or Raising Canes if I really want chicken. Though I do like that they pay a bit more than other places around here, always good customer service and they can get 40 cars through the drive thru in under 5 minutes.
Every Popeyes I’ve ever been to is a 45 minute wait regardless of how many are in front of you.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Bluemillion posted:

McDonald's Crispy Chicken Sandwiches are better. loving FIGHT me. :colbert:

i fucks with the spicy mcchicken

i add pickles as i am a civilized person of good taste

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Ate CFA for free one time in my life, and it was around 15 years ago waiting outside a Circuit City to open during an early Black Friday morning. A CFA had just opened up nearby and they were passing out free chicken sandwiches to people waiting in line. I’ve had better chicken sandwiches that have been sitting under a heat lamp for hours at an AM/PM gas station than the garbage I got for free.

Plus, the whole outspoken evangelical homophobia with bigots singing “God Bless America” in the restaurants. gently caress that poo poo, and gently caress CFA.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Buce posted:

do you think the guy who named chick fil a just didn't know how to spell filet?

I remember as a little boy with Asperger’s Syndrome that I thought it must be some sort of hillbilly-themed restaurant, you could tell because they got a real a Appalachian inbred with too many chromosomes to write their sign. Yeah I refused to eat there for the first 20 years of my life for that reason. Misspellings are not cute! They’re triggering!

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

precision posted:

is it time to say it's okay to go to chik-fil-a again?

because i gotta be real here. i think about those CFA nugs and tendies at least once a week. i spent a lot of my summers in Tennessee with my grandparents, and we got CFA a lot, so i can't just... i can't not think about them! i have tasted, and having tasted, i want.

but for like... i dunno, 20 years now? i've monkishly avoided CFA because, as we all know, they are literally a fundamentalist Christian cult that used to pay for gay conversaion therapy, which, as a non-straight myself, i obviously was like, "no"

and also, the last time i got CFA (20 year ago), the guy at the window asked me if a was a Satanist. no for real though, that happened. lol.

OP is thinkin' bout throwing a vulnerable minority overboard for those nuggies. What's the harm, eh? Surely they won't keep going till they get to a group you're a part of. They need an enemy to point the finger at for the failures of capitalism. Always. They let in everybody at first, but as things keep getting worse and worse, as they've first concentrated and then started killing more and more groups, that circle is gonna start shrinking again, fast. Sure you might be white, but are you the right kind of white? Irish? Italian? Greek? Are you the exact sect of Christianity as those at the eye of the storm? No? Get in the boxcar, then. Eventually the in-group shrinks to the point where the people in the out-group who are still alive overwhelm and overthrow the tyrants, but at that point so many have already have suffered and died.

Or we could just shut out those going after minorities and nip it all in the bud. We could just NOT EAT AT THIS ONE loving FAST FOOD PLACE.

But I digress.

Bluemillion fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jun 1, 2022

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I'd rather eat Church's before Chick fil A and Church's sucks

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
gently caress Chik Fil A, mostly because they want to legislate murder of gay people.

But also because every fast food restaurant now has a copy-cat version of their sandwich and I'm not usually one to get upset about a menu item that you don't have to get, but I did get it. I got the Burger King one, I got the Jack In the Box one, I got the KFC one. They are horrible.

For the record, KFC is the worst. Last two times I've got chicken there I've had to throw it away as it had the consistency of rubber.

I have yet to have one of these pickle-oriented chicken sandwiches from a fast food restaurant that doesn't taste like gutter rear end. You're fast food, quit thinking you can do a huge juicy chicken breast.

Give me that processed flat patty chicken sandwich from the dollar menu at Jack in the Box over any of those. At least it knows what it is. And my Mickey D's spicy chicken lovers, I see you.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Literally any fast food chicken is trash and you shouldn't touch it. Especially if it's a patty or a tendie.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

if you go to a fast food restaurant and order anything that hasn't been on the menu for decades you're a complete fool and you deserve your lovely meal

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

if you go to a fast food restaurant and order anything that hasn't been on the menu for decades you're a complete fool and you deserve your lovely meal

does the McRib count as a decades old menu veteran, or does the timer reset each time it comes back?

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Colonel Cancer posted:

Literally any fast food chicken is trash and you shouldn't touch it. Especially if it's a patty or a tendie.
Over 5% of the United States population doesn't have proper access to a grocery store.

I'm not one of those people though.

Unless you're saying just eat a burger.

What are your thoughts on the Filet o'Fish?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Bad Purchase posted:

does the McRib count as a decades old menu veteran, or does the timer reset each time it comes back?

It's probably just been sitting in the freezer.