Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Capitalism?
Capitalism ho!
Capitalism? No!
Capitalism no bueno
akuma no ism
View Results

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Chick fil a is mediocre, would rather some Wendy’s nuggs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Jelly posted:

Over 5% of the United States population doesn't have proper access to a grocery store.

I'm not one of those people though.

Unless you're saying just eat a burger.

What are your thoughts on the Filet o'Fish?

Its bad

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Arby's is top tier fast food FYI

jon stewart slandered them so long and they just kept slinging good beef sandos and good sides

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
gently caress I could go for a beef n cheddar right now

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

its a fire sandwich. and their fries and cheese/jalap sticks are v good

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Their seasonal brown sugar bourbon bacon brisket is no joke the best fast food sandwich I've ever had

Actually I think there's one better, but that's at Bucky's and that probably isn't even technically a "fast food restaurant"

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Is Krispy Krunchy Chicken owned by radical lunatics? I hope not because I like their food.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

The superior fast food chicken in Georgia

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
there are a bunch of Popeye's and even a Church's here, but the CFA drive thru is always full

full of white women in SUVs with Christian FM bumper stickers. big yikes. i don't want any of that sauce

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Extra red ranch and cheese? poo poo's killer.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Maybe try eating at restaurants that aren't for literal children OP. Basically LMAO if you eat anywhere the entrees are less than 50 bucks.

"Look at me I'm going to go to that restaurant with the ghastly garish decor depicting their cartoon clown mascott, I don't have a reservation and there isn't even a loving Maitre'D. I'll order at the counter and eat my tendies with my hands in my car, like the peasant I am. Did I mention my tendies come with a free toy?"

This is you OP, this is what you sound like.

jazzyhattrick fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Jun 1, 2022

baalaagaa
Apr 9, 2004
Jesus wants you to eat at CFA, it's like the 11th commandment.

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

no checkbox?
no goku?

it's like you've never made a poll in gbs before.

lock thread and start over, the results are poisoned by OP's inability to create a proper poll.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
OP, I'm definitely not too good to shove cheap fastfood down my maw, but lmao if you care enough about a specific one that not going there becomes a struggle and a difficult moral choice.

There's only three categories of people here: people who think giving money to homophobes is bad and don't want to support this business, people who think it's good and want to support this business and its Christian values extra hard, and people who just plain don't care and won't let it affect their choices at all. It's very hard for me to believe that there's a fourth category of people who truly think what they did is bad, but just really, really want that chicken and will never be satisfied by any alternative.

So I guess I'm saying OP's a liar. OP, you've probably been eating this chicken all along, because you don't really think it matters. But it's also funny to imagine OP just sitting there, wracked with withdrawal pains, desperate for this very specific chicken, praying that tomorrow is the day this fast food chain takes the right-hand path and turns its back on evil.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Chinatown posted:

Arby's is top tier fast food FYI

jon stewart slandered them so long and they just kept slinging good beef sandos and good sides

gently caress Arby's forever for getting rid of potato cakes and the 2 can dine for $8.99 coupon. It came with 2 original roast beef, two medium fries/potato cakes, two medium sodas and a 6 piece mozz sticks. For $9! :mad:

also KFC is still better than Chikfila and Popeyes.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

ArbitraryC posted:

I mean I think the idea here is that if you take any fastfood place, except maybe real specific ones like Dick's in seattle

they're all raking in that profit by underpaying staff and then inevitably the top brass is using that money to do lovely stuff politically so very few places you go could be called "good" or even just "not bad" hence the quote. However, leaning too far this way kind of comes across as the "and yet you participate in society" meme as a deflection of specific and warranted criticism. If there's a place you know is doing something uniquely bad, as opposed to a more generic complaint about our stratified and unequal economic and social hierarchy, it's a bit of a copout to fall back on that as a reason for your indifference. Like I'm sure if I dug into the owners of Jack in the Box and looked at their political contributions or such I'd frown, but I also can't say I've heard of them doing anything as uniquely egregious as funding a push for the death penalty for being homosexual in Uganda.

Like I personally avoid it but do absolutely get people who still shop at say walmart or amazon out of convenience or necessity despite them being pretty shining examples of capitalism gone wrong, but in the case of a restaurant you'd have to come up with a pretty contrived scenario to justify it as being one of your only reasonable options. I can't tell you exactly where in the sand I'd scratch my line but stuff like CFA or the local racist place in my previous post is certainly on the other side of it because of how uniquely and identifiably bad they've been alongside how not frequenting them is such a negligible sacrifice.

Why the gently caress are you STILL talking about loving chicken sandwiches?
Jesus Christ shut up already.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Anyways guys it’s Chick-fil-A not Dude-fil-a. :shrug:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
That's why you got 5 Guys

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Colonel Cancer posted:

That's why you got 5 Guys

but i only needed 4

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
The problem isn't eating the nuggies it's paying for them.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Listen, there's a place down the street called Golden Shrimp, run by 2nd generation Iranians. Shrimp, chicken, no pork.

The tenders there are great. They're not fancy or special. Just fresh juicy tenders. Quality stuff OP.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Shrimp tenders? Is that like a prawn cutlet?

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
I don't know about all this Chick Fil A stuff, but I do know that the only time appropriate for the healing to begin is when my preferred candidate is elected president. That's when we need to come together as a nation and resolve our differences. There isn't another presidential election for like two years, so, no, it's not time to let the healing begin.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Save a cow girl, eat chicken.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Just lol if you don’t harvest your own nuggs and tendies from the chickens in your backyard, soak them in buttermilk and pickle juice from your own cows and garden, coat them in bread crumbs from the bread you bake from your homegrown wheat, fry them in rendered lard from the aforementioned cow, and dunk them in your own artisanal ranch every time you want nuggies.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Bluemillion posted:

McDonald's Crispy Chicken Sandwiches are better. loving FIGHT me. :colbert:

Clear ripoff of chick fil a and it is pretty good.

There's a chick fil a opening right next to my work soon and most people at work were excited but one person is lesbian and very vocal about not supporting them so nobody's brought it up since. It sucks that they are still donating to horrible things and boycotting didn't work. I'm in california too so it's not like it's the conservative south so I'm kinda surprised they apparently do well here too.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
the McDonald's sandy is like the CFA sandy?

i gotta break kayfaybe for 10 seconds here and admit i haven't had any fast food in years, other than the occasional Taco Bell burrito. for one thing, there's always a line of 10 cars at every place now, and literally who is waiting 30+ minutes for lovely food??

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Just get a McD Deluxe Crispy Chicken, spicy or not your choice.

E: Ah I see other people have said that already.

But seriously I see buying from CFA like buying from BRCC, why the gently caress would you when there's poo poo right next door without gross chud poo poo smeared all over?

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker
Pickling your chicken sounds like a very American thing to do much like you put sour milk in your chocolate.

Someone’s found a way to either save or make money and have transformed it into a cultural norm by telling you it tastes nice. It doesn’t.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Dill pickles are delicious, and things soaked in dill pickle brine absorb that deliciousness.

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker
Yes I’m sure it has nothing to do with preserving chicken. I love a good pickle but you want vinegary chicken why exactly?

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Chick-fil-A chicken always seemed damp to me

And the waffle fries are only good if you eat them within 2 minutes of receiving them

The sauces also kinda suck

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I would buy a chicken sandwich from isis if it was good

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

CareyB posted:

Pickling your chicken sounds like a very American thing to do much like you put sour milk in your chocolate.

Someone’s found a way to either save or make money and have transformed it into a cultural norm by telling you it tastes nice. It doesn’t.

What? It isn’t pickled, it’s marinated for like an hour.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
brining meat is wonderful and you should try it.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Using salt, vinegar, and spices to tenderize and add flavor to meat: clearly an American original.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

DiHK posted:

brining meat is wonderful and you should try it.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Using salt, vinegar, and spices to tenderize and add flavor to meat: clearly an American original.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Brine deez :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

CareyB posted:

lmao where the gently caress do you guys get these insane ideas about stuff America does with food

"pickling" chicken lmfao