Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

OwlFancier posted:

Are there really three avon rivers lmao

everyone loves Paul Darrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Most Black Library books are trash, but I feel like finding out an MP is into warhammer is pretty much like finding out they're into model trains or whatever, it's a British nerd institution at this point.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Pistol_Pete posted:

an extended discussion about the comparative amounts of piss, poo poo and vomit

pretty apt metaphor for whatever the gently caress the tories are up to at any given time,.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Rustybear posted:

there is nothing about pr that doesn't boil down to if we give the lib dems more power things might be better. we tried that and things got worse; find a new straw to grasp at.

why don't we embrace direct democracy and start holding referenda on all major policy decisions????

It's not perfect but PR is massively better than FPTP I really can't believe this is up for debate.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

he'll have speaking tours, opinion columns, and comedy show appearances lined up before the back door has time to close

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Senor Tron posted:

The classic Australian method is just for people to turn on the 6pm news and find out that the country unexpectedly has a new PM.

If only he'd take the true Australian method and disappear on a beach

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

he also worshiped the four ruinous powers, making him unelectable by loyal members of the Imperium of Man.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Julio Cruz posted:

Jupiter's not even in the top 3 from the Planets

Should have used Mars, Bringer Of War, it's closer to Imperial Attack.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I didn't know where else to put this
https://twitter.com/edgarwright/status/1547497243766407169?s=20&t=niaj06Sb8mPirdjr7xeEfA
"bloody hell"

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

It's cool that individual action is pointless, means I can finally drive around in my coal-burning car, thanks UKMT thread

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Only Kindness posted:

That reminds me, innit weird how you never hear about Jimmy Saville Gary Glitter Boris Johnson anymore. Whatever happened to that guy?

One thing that Johnson was very good at was creating distracting bullshit for the media to frenzy over. Now that he's hosed off into the sunset there's no keys to jingle in front of them to distract from cost of living and poopwater crises

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Miftan posted:

I've never heard anything about pigs that made me think they shouldn't be in charge.

You mean they aren't already?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I got a text from my GP saying I was eligible for a free NHS Health Check and I honestly don't know if I should bother replying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

HopperUK posted:

My favourite of those sets back in the day was - I think the baddy from She-Ra or someone. There was a set that was like green, like a cave or dungeon, and it came with a monster handpuppet that you put through a hole in the set to bite figures with. That ruled.

Fright Zone, and it ruled.