Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Runcible Cat posted:

A couple of nice Turkish lads just finished clearing out the 4-foot-high brambles from my garden this afternoon so I am going to drink alcohol, gaze across the 15-foot-square wasteland of bare earth and try and figure out what the gently caress I want to put in there.

ed: also strike away winegums. They're going to keep treating you all shittier and shittier unless you kick back.

Plant meadow flowers. Give the cats something to look photogenic in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Does the cop outside radio the cop inside to let them know that Larry wants to come in?

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

kecske posted:

the ojays - for the love of money
abba - money money money
the money song from monty pythons flying circus

Pink Floyd -Money
Dire Straits -Money for nothing
Wreckless Eric - Take the kash

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

crispix posted:

:rip: cadbury's marble and :rip: fuse bar, both contributed significantly to my teenage obesity

The Fuse bar was great. I think that Cadbury's still make it in India?

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

forkboy84 posted:

GMB, Unite & Unison tend to be where charity workers go, but the IWGB also have a Charity Worker branch

I work for a charity - I joined CWU because I'm in the IT dept, but I'd be interested in joining one that's more general - we've got good bosses and conditions at the moment, but that can always change a few years down the line. We're unusual in that we're really more of a meta charity - we work for and with other charities rather than being directly involved in causes ourselves. (and yes, if you're in the charity sector, I've probably just doxxed who I work for with that description).

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

After hearing my colleagues joke about the horrors of 'Trap 3' I do not like the idea of desegregating our loos in case the phantom shitter migrates.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Deketh posted:

Yeah ragwort is bad for horses but supposedly also bad for people to handle without gloves. There's a ton of it growing out of the pavement edges round here

Horses and cattle, but if it's not near any of those let it be.

And yeah, the danger for horses is when it's dry and either laying around or has found its way into the hay supply.

Iirc it's a build up type poison rather than eat a ragwort and die type poison.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Payndz posted:

Ooh, might have to buy 10 packs of Refreshers and separate them out by order of goodness. Orange first, obviously, then yellow, then green as a "huh, well, don't want to waste, I suppose", and pass the pink off to someone else.

I propose a swap - all my oranges for all your pinks.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Sian Goorwich makes it sound like she doesn't even pay her parents a contribution towards the household. Myself and iirc all my friends did that once we were over 18 and working - it's not rent-rent as none of our parents would have kicked us out of we couldn't pay, but an acknowledgement that as an adult you should contribute towards the household if able to do so.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Lungboy posted:

Seconding a broker for a first timer, ask around any people you know who own a house and find who they went with as personal recommendations. Lots of brokers are free as they get paid by the mortgage company, so make sure to find one you like.

Also my broker actively contacted me when my first fixed term was up for renewal and helped me find the next one, so a good broker will not only be useful when you buy, but later down the line too.

I can't remember if I heard about my broker from a colleague or the estate agents I was renting from , but she was a local independent broker.

Angrymog fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Aug 9, 2022

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

People in my work canteen talking about not paying their leccy bill, and being disgusted at all the clapping for nurses but not paying them.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

I work for a charity too, and we're not exactly a hot bed of radicalism, so hearing what I think were a table of customer service staff getting serious about not paying bills - they were discussing the steps the company has to go through before they can cut you off, wasa minor suprise.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Bobby Deluxe posted:

On a not too unrelated note, I'm prepping for Storng Britain's Grate Future by playing through Disco Elysium and I think I've hosed my stats. I put 4 int, 3 psych, 2 phys and 3 motor. I made Interfacing my signature because I love me some lockpicking, but most of the checks involve strength & bolt cutters anyway, and it sort of feels like cheating playing as an amnesiac with an encyclopedic memory.

I'm thinking of restarting because I keep nearly dying of being upset or throwing up, and I'm finding myself savescumming most of the important checks anyway. Inland Empire feels like it's been my most useful stat so far.

Disco is the one game where I accepted almost every failure - there was one that I couldn't accept, but apart from that it makes the fails as interesting as the successes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

The one true Liz.
The Liz that grants the power of invisibility.

Editor chat:

Even Pratchett's later works could have done with a good editor. They became way too rambling. I think I stopped reading them after Hogfather. Maybe another one after that.

The first one where you could see the dementia was Unseen Academicals - that was dire and sloppy. Then he seemed to start leaning on an editor because the later ones tightened up again, though there were still oddities like totally forgotten plot lines and so on.