Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/adampayne26/status/1532019589349101571

He does realize the EU would have a say in this, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Look, this is Great-Aunt Mary's ivory-embedded rhinoceros-horn stick, you can't just shorten things like that.

Betting that it's a standing stick, and that she's using a wheelchair in private. But the Queen can't be seen in public in a wheelchair because :decorum:.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Jollity Farm posted:

So Polly Toynbee says he's a dead man walking, but Nadine Dorries says he isn't? This is a difficult one. Who do I not believe?

Um... it turns out he is a dead man, but in a wheelchair?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Question from an American: Why hasn't either of the Miliband brothers resurfaced in politics?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Sad Panda posted:

Where are people getting those AI generated images from? Teaching about AI coming up and think they might be a great tool.

https://huggingface.co/spaces/dalle-mini/dalle-mini You're probably going to have to submit several times, because the servers are hammered.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Oh, lord, the dissolve from Penny Mordant to Prime Minister.

Two questions about the video: (1) What's the music? (2) Is this incredibly White?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

I always think it's someone trying and failing to start jerusalem.
I keep hearing a bit of the love theme from Conan the Barbarian. One of the greatest movie soundtracks.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

I'm a text kind of gal. Under the Nasty Women tag, please. A side-scroller, please, with the Nasty Woman tag.

quote:

Malcolm: And who was it that did your media training? Myra Hindley? I mean, it was terrible, all this – hands were all over the place. You were like a sweaty octopus trying to unhook a bra! It was like watching John Leslie at work!
Ben: Yes, I know all of that, and it just kind of fell away. God, it was like one of those dreams when you're wandering around Covent Garden or something in just your vest and everyone's staring at you.
Jamie: I think it was much worse than that, I mean, how many people see you in Covent Garden, a few thousand? Your meltdown was witnessed by 1.2 million people. That's more people than saw Al Jolson in his entire career. And that's Al loving Jolson!
Malcolm: He loves Al Jolson.
Jamie: The Governor!
Ollie: 'Maaammy.'
Jamie: You take the piss out of Jolson again, and I will remove your iPod from its tiny nano-sheath, and push it up your cock! And then I'll plug some speakers up your arse, and put it onto shuffle with my loving fist! And every time I hear something that I don't like, which will be every time that something comes on, I will skip to the next track (to Ben) by crushing your balls!

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jul 11, 2022

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Can I just say in the thick of it is one of my favorite brit political comedies. It's from this thread that I can at least understand a good level of what is going on. I don't get to watch it often as it's pretty dry but loving hilarious. The one liners can be absolutely excellent

If you haven't seen it, don't miss Yes, Minister. Less sweary, equally bitter.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

fuctifino posted:

Truss is what happens when you order a Philomena Cunk from Wish.
It's astonishing how beautiful Diane Morgan is when she isn't being Philomena. That is all.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Re Starmer, doesn't India lead the world in pharmaceutical manufacture anyway?

fake edit: No, Germany does. UK is 7th, at nine times less than Germany's number.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

kalensc posted:

^^^ pls

Also gdi frankie boyle. Are any old qi or mock the week regulars still decent folks - bill bailey perhaps? How bout dara
Sandi Toksvig. (She was a QI regular before she was a host.)

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

What does Starmer think is the point of a Labour party that snubs labour? (Apart from keeping Starmer close to power, I mean.) There must be some sort of intellectual justification.

e: Folks, the UK and US have been trading off for years in the "Watch me do something evil!" "Hold my beer!" "Hold my Vodka Red Bull!" competition. Both our governments sucks, both of our opposition parties suck. No worst, there is none.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Sanford posted:

For me it’s courgettes! Can’t get rid of the bastard things. Tomatoes, cucumbers, peas and beans all gone as soon as I offered them. My pumpkins and gourds are staying on because they’re for carving, not eating.
In the US, the solutions are (1) putting bags of zucchini (what we call them) on people's doorstops and then running away, or (2) making zucchini bread. Note that King Arthur's recipes lies shamelessly about 10 minutes prep time; they do this by listing shredded zucchini as an ingredient, rather than including shredding the zucchini as part of the prep.

Anyway, zucchini bread is yummy.