Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I'm unbelievably excited about the Keir Starmer campaign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

DesperateDan posted:

Fuckin' strike? Fuckin do a [redacted] with [redacted] right in the [redacted] imo, the bastards have it coming wholesale.

How dare you. They can go on the waiting list for it like the rest of us

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I for one quite enjoy being a huge problem and a difficulty to this person's definition of a sane world

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

endlessmonotony posted:

Well, that clip is open admittance they want to seize power without public support to eliminate groups they find offensive in the pursuit of an idealized world that never existed, because the people they loathe are a "burden" according to them.

... at what point is it okay to say they don't just sound like a nazi, they are a nazi?

it's exactly the kind of "institutional capture" they claim the Evil Trans Lobby is doing, but it's ok because they're doing it and they must be right

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Good morning to comrade Stacey Solomon and comrade Stacey Solomon only.

"They don't pay for all the houses..." "...just a few?" great stuff

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Jeherrin posted:

London Royal Free did a challenge survey where they paid 36 people several thousand pounds to willingly expose themselves to Covid in a controlled environment. Half of them never developed an infection or shed the virus.

It’s very possible to not get it.

this makes some sense, i don't know the exact numbers for what kind of spread a disease that had a 100% chance of causing the disease with specific forms of contact would have but i imagine we would all be turbofucked immediately. as opposed to just quite a bit hosed over a few months. like, covid precautions are about minimising your chances rather than avoiding the absolute certainty that any time spent with a carrier will infect you

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Jedit posted:

I was going to ask how the hell you hide a Ferret until I saw the "at work" bit.

It's a little tiny armoured car for ferrets to use. As seen in Richard Scarry's Big Book of War Crimes

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

crispix posted:

Oliver Cromwell: Vampire Hunter

i have a new creative writing project

yes he killed a king we already know this

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

domhal posted:

You just need to climb in the cabinet room window.

Yes but due to a convention from 1876 entering through the window makes you Primary Clerk of Chunterington-Upon-Glinff thus legally excluding you from the office by the 1843 Horse Breeding Regulations Act

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

crispix posted:

there is an official brick that is used to make sure the door doesn't close tight if everyone has to leave and the brick is also temporarily PM during any such evacuation

So what you're saying is that we just need to repeatedly pull the fire alarm and we'll have the best leadership we've had in decades

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

can we make the dulux dog prime minister

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what always gets me is that everybody getting this question now has had time to prepare for this poo poo now, they know the penis question is coming and they know it will get attention. this is what they have prepared as a response. this is what they think is a good answer.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Can there be a poll in here?

My understanding is Brexit makes this illegal

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Quickly editing wikipedia just before my appointment to recommend 20kg/day marijuana for my sprined ankle, the perfect crime

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I was going to say something like "Keir Starmer opposes the government not having him in it" but i'm not even particularly confident about that

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

got it, the venn diagram of AI and ML is a circle

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

The important question is, can artificial intelligence finally replace the art of forum posting? I think that we all need to make sure that there are people who like you, who can share and share it on social media, because it‍s the right way to communicate with everyone and to make sure that all people in our community, including the ones who are upset with you, feel safe and open to sharing it, because of that, and for those who like to post it, they should be aware that their opinions are just one example of the many people who want to share it, and we must share our beliefs and feelings with the world, for this reason. So that ‍s what the question of “@sarahsarahs arahsarahsarahsarahsarahsarahsarahs arahsarahsarahsarahsarahsarahsarah

sarahsarahsarahsarahsarahsarahs

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Also because they form groups they like to subject each other to that emotional response over and over again while repeating the desired anti-trans takeaway, so if you spend time in those spaces you basically get bombarded with it all the time (for people who like to have conniptions about the existence of sissy hypno videos this is darkly hilarious btw) and this probably goes some way to explaining why GCs are so brokebrained, they're literally doing the incel blackpill thing where they constantly expose themselves to horrible emotional experiences to reinforce their political takes (this is also a behaviour you can see in a lot of places, it's just kinda how the internet works but it's particularly notable in some sections of it as being apparently the major point of the space).

Yeah if you're not familiar enough with how online rabbitholes and radicalisation works you likely won't see any harm in repeatedly looking at stuff that just happens to show up on your feed/recommended/posted by your reasonable friend/etc. They don't have to tell you to be transphobic, there just has to be enough wildly biased content out there that you casually see every so often for you to come to that conclusion yourself. And once you've come to a conclusion then it's much more difficult to admit to being wrong even if actual evidence comes to light. Like how newspapers keep showing isolated incidents/misleading stories of people cheating benefits so now a significant chunk of people are convinced a benefit cheat lurks around every corner stealing 120% of your salary from you personally

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

i believe this is the same series of tests the gender recognition process currently uses

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Do you think Scotland should be:
[ ] Run by Westminster
[ ] Run by Holyrood
[X] Run by a pack of wildcats

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Private Speech posted:

I mean come on, a former police chief pursued by one of the most murderous and UK-hostile regimes in the world, how is that an economic migrant by any possible measure.

i guess not being dead is normally good for one's spending power. a clear example of selfish money-hungry behaviour

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

My da sells rivers?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Actually The North starts at Tyndrum

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Jedit posted:

The best one is still Torpenhow Hill in Cumbria, which translates to Hillhillhill Hill.

For those interested here is four minutes of Tom Scott wavering on whether this is accurate or not:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUyXiiIGDTo

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

its a person standing behind a tree, please put away your tinfoil hats for now

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

ah yes, the mean median wage, classic reliable measure of mathematics

Guavanaut posted:

That may be correct this time next year.

that would still be the mean wage, median of the hypothetical 4-worker rail sector would be about £42k

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

not sure why QT is still keeping the charade up and isn't just introducing every audience with "and here is the entire local convervative party membership here to deliver their assigned lines at regular intervals"

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

sinky posted:

Just ~not failing country~ things

Would that make her a scab

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Trickjaw posted:

Mi6 just advertised in my timeliness. I'd only abuse any power.

Are you sure that disqualifies you

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

IDK, receiving an email from an MP that I've been slagging off on Twitter seems a little odd. Doesn't he have better things to do?

the "have had some cultural funding" bit is what tips it over into weird for me, makes it sound like a veiled threat to cut her off in the future

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Marmaduke! posted:

Bad luck! I thought I might have it as I had a very bland chocolate orange today, thought I'd lost my taste. Denied once again!

Yeah that's just what they taste like now

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

The mess in women's toilets is due to the constant stream of 30-50 feral trans women invading the women's space every minute. They helicopter their dicks around in dominance while peeing. Also the dicks are hard because going to the toilet is sex for them. Then they sacrifice a cis women in a satanic ritual in the sink and don't even clean up after. Nobody can report them because the police are all gay now and dont want to get cancelled on twitter

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Bring back hanging but just for putting carpet in bathrooms

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

They seem to also be more mad about who is saying it than what is being said. Like this didn't get anywhere near the same level of hate/engagement.

i assume Katy has a gang of terfs continually refreshing her feed to pounce on her every post and share it to wherever it is they're congregating these days. naturally none of us in this thread would ever have a laser-targeted hate boner to one single twitter user that isn't even that influential in the grand scheme of things or at least we're generally sensible enough not to touch the poop if we do, we've got that going for us i guess, generally

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

this political drama could be the catalyst for a new era in the Johnson premiership in which he seeks to transform the country with even greater ambition.

Pregnancy is a form of transformation

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

fuctifino posted:

Sky news had a reporter in Boris's constituency, and they only found one person who still supported him. The guy looked like a homeless drunk, who then went on to boast that he went to the same college as Boris, so that's why he supports him.

What a day to be alive :allears:

Yes that's his dad

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I had actually heard of Kemi Badenoch before so that brings up the total up to three

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

it's been a whole few hours since a minister resigned, i'm not sure how to feel about this unprecedented period of government stability

e: bwahahaha lol

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

i think boris' line is now fully above theresa's when this graph is updated (with the secretary of state for wales and the health minister guy)

https://twitter.com/timd_IFG/status/1544701752506720256

not that this graph is the most important thing here but it is funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Matinee posted:

How many positions are there actually to resign from in the current government?

a few. though most of the people resigning have been parliamentary private secretaries of which there are also a bunch.