Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
They're gonna have the rich outside at 8pm rattling their jewelry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Just tabulating this here for ease of reference.

Theresa May VONC
Dec 2018: 200 to 117 survived 63%:37%
resigned 7 months later

DePfeffel VONC
June 2022: 211 to 148 survived 58.8%:41.2%

Yes, but he's a rampaging narcissist who gives zero fucks about the optics of clinging on by his fingernails. A week ago we were talking about the f word and it was 50/50 if he would even go if he lost a VONC.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
This just in:
https://twitter.com/MMargolyes/status/1533929305335545857

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
Unhinged, but it's not a proper conspiratorial pseudoleftist pinboard unless it features individual breadtubers being on the CIA payroll. 4/10

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
Well that just saved me some money on scratch cards

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
Distance from the issues is kinda the middle class liberal curse though isn't it I mean, pick your topic; if people aren't curious about issues that don't directly float across the skin of their bubble then it just makes them useful idiots when the right come along whispering about how it's all a big threat and finding out about things is just such darn hard work, lets just badly synthesize a "in short: the answer is somewhere in the middle" answer and beep boop oops we voted with the fascists again because those other people are loud and angry and just aren't being *reasonable*.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

Guavanaut posted:

Yorkie was just the opening salvo in the barrage of poo poo that led to

Which seems ridiculous untill you remember the men who won't wash their arses in the shower because the online manosphere has taught them touching a bum is gay. A generation of angry chuds with minging buttcracks but like, scrupulously tidy rooms.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
Yeah I got a letter through about that, kinda comforting to know it's there cos I'm high risk and my partner works in London. Also got jab #5 coming up, hopefully, though I got into trouble last time cos NHS England send out letters saying "you qualify for another booster" but apparently my GP were miffed that I came in off the back of that and not a letter from them, so I dunno what's going on there. I'm like "I'm immunocompromised, do you think I *wanted* to leave the house and come to a surgery?"

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
The diagonal north south divide is a pretty good model, Jay Foreman good a video on it. https://youtu.be/ENeCYwms-Cc

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

Guy just knows every time a camera's on him, cold war Steve gets another week of material

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Qt audience members are some of the most brainwormed people I've ever seen, I swear to christ

There was a guy at our CLP just after the last General who stood up and read a speech off a page of A4 he'd printed, yammering on about how Corbynism was dead and a return to the values of Tony Blair was the only sane choice and it was just like... a spool of unbroken words words words.

This is the kind of person who goes on QT, the people who have OPINIONS that MUST BE SHARED. Doesn't matter if they're true, doesn't matter if anyone listens, just vomiting them out into the aether for no other reason than it's Their Right. Unhinged and pointless

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
"Veniam, venio, veni"

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

OwlFancier posted:

Tried everything else honestly, cetirizine, loratidine, chlorophenamine, old gen 1 poo poo that's now sold as sleeping pills, multiple of the above at the same time, none of it does more than take the edge off. Bloody nature just doesn't like me.

Yeah my housemate said the same thing, and our doctor friend tipped us off about fexofenadine being OTC now and it's night and day, apparently.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
Congratulations, fuctifino, inspirational stuff!

peanut- posted:

The absolute worst case scenario isn't happening at least

https://twitter.com/paulwaugh/status/1546839531588042752

She strikes me as the kind of person who wouldn't really want the job of managing the people throwing orphans into the meat grinder, because it takes away from the hands-on joy of actually doing it herself

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
Does Phill think the Met Office... *make* the weather?

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

learnincurve posted:

If anyone has small animals then wet a towel and put it on their enclosure, will bring the temp down as much as 5 degrees.

Just filled up some bottles of ice for my cats to snuggle up to if they want and I've been rubbing the grumpy one down with ice, which she seemed to really appreciate. The other one was also initially responsive to the ice rub until it started to melt and was suddenly "what the gently caress is this poo poo" so I kind of left her to it.

Partner is stuck at the other end of the country cos the trains aren't running and has requested an ice rub when they return. Basically if you want an ice massage, come over to mine.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
Trying to remember if it was fisherman's friends I had an intensely negative reaction to as a kid or Victory V, which are the same flavour profile (tastes of brown) and, well...

quote:

Victory V is a British brand of liquorice-flavoured lozenges.[1] Originally manufactured in Nelson, Lancashire, they were devised by Thomas Fryer and Edward Smith MD in 1864[1] and were initially made by hand to ensure that each sweet contained the correct amount of therapeutic ingredients; ether, liquorice and chloroform.

What is it with the whole "oh you're ill? Here have some mouth violence"

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
Tell you what theres a whole load of windmills in the north sea. I mean, I knew there were some, but it'd been a while since I saw them and there's definitely way more than I remember. Couldn't tell you if they were feeding the Netherlands or the UK though.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
"Ideas"? Those sound like *thinking* words.

The longer I look at that tweet the angrier I get, it's like they've decided thinking about things doesn't triangulate well, it's too "metropolitan liberal elite". Every time I think I'm inventing a person to be mad at, that person turns out to exist in the Starmer camp and be even dumber and more infuriating than I'd imagined

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
Also how did he find that paper, did he just type "masturbation" into an academic journal search engine?

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
We have this white stiff netting that velcroes onto the window frames to keep bugs out and cats in at night but it's also pretty good at reflecting some of the heat too. If we're sleeping with the windows open we're thinking it'd make a pretty good security thing, there's just no way to open it without waking up the whole house with a CRRRRRRRRCHK

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

kecske posted:

if pressed on it I don't believe any one of the current crop of limelight MPs could tell you with any conviction what Woke is

Two fewer syllables than "loony left". Which is to say, just as dull and meaningless an epithet as it ever was.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

forkboy84 posted:

Mostly I'm just mad that it's something for the incredible tedious Jonathan Pie cunts of the world to go on about. Could do without hearing that.

Tne whole edgelord-industrial complex from the hack comedians to the outrage peddling commentariat is deeply tired, hack poo poo, top to bottom.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
All I know about Sadowitz is he was in the video for Ebenezer Goode and even in those days the NME or possibly Melody Maker called him Jerry 'i-can't-be-funny-so-I'll-be-offensive-instead' Sadowitz"

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

Brendan Rodgers posted:

What if we means tested the turds on their way to the sea?

They'd have to hold the Brighton Conference somewhere inland

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

Ms Adequate posted:

Just stuck my first ever HRT patch to my skin a couple of minutes ago.

While I am overjoyed to have got here, I'm actually posting it because I got referred to the GIC four and a half years ago. And which is more, every appointment I've had has gone smoothly and without anyone objecting or questioning me. My GP referred me when I asked, the GIC doctors and staff have not gatekept (Except in the indirect ways that current standards of care demand) etc., I had as easy a time as it's possible to have in terms of that. And it took almost half a decade.

My dysphoria is reasonably low most of the time and I was already a fully testosterone'd adult when I hatched so little further changes could be wrought by it; in short I could stand the wait. But for people with more acute dysphoria or who haven't finished wrong puberty yet? Nightmare scenario. Absolutely disgraceful that the government has hosed things up for a sector of the population so badly, and genuinely hard to wrap my head around the fact a bunch of people think the problem is HRT is too easy to get.

Congratulations, Ms A and cosign to all o'that. The reality is so insanely baroque and arcane it would make the fiction laughable if it weren't so cruel... 4 years is too long but I'm very glad you got there safely.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

Bobby Deluxe posted:

https://twitter.com/RichardJMurphy/status/1562335334607687680?t=2-VSgjrUBb3BH5Jpo0HCgA&s=19

Watching the mental gymnastics people like this go through to find half measure solutions instead of just nationalising industries is absolutely fascinating.

He does suggest that, no?

https://twitter.com/RichardJMurphy/status/1562335358054207488

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
Snooker is a weird one for them to get outraged about because if you can't reach a long shot they literally pull out a little widget to put your cue on. Do they live in a world where people will take medically transition to get long-limb advantage?

Well, I guess a change is as good as a rest.