Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Just read the first 40 pages of the Starmer book. What a nasty piece of work he is.
I'm assuming it gets worse.

The whole *wave's arms around what was the Labour Party* seems to have been done in a very calculating way by Kieth.

I dislike the man very intensely, more so after reading the book.

And some Labour heavyweights don't come out of it looking very good either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I like watching Northern Soul videos on YouTube, definitely some "talcum powder" consumed there.

Lovely stuff.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

By backing Boris, things will be very good.

Furthermore...

Profit.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Just Another Lurker posted:

It's like a toned down version of Hurling. :shrug:

Hurling is awesome, so that must make Shinty pretty loving good.

That other thing is also very good, kinda a bit like football, sort of...

Gaelic Football!

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

You have to par-boil 'em, or they'll be burnt to a crisp before they're cooked through in the deep-fat fryer.

I think though I have seen Heston Blumenthal or someone said cook them at a low temperature in oil for a while, to actually cook them, leave them in the fridge for a few hours, and then blast them really hot for a bit until crispy.

I think Heston might even cook chips three times or something silly like that.

And charge you 450 quid for it.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Netflix NHS - you sit there scrolling through things for half-an-hour, looking for the treatment you need, can't find anything and give up and go to sleep (die).

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

HopperUK posted:

Would a DNS issue affect both my browser on pc and my phone, but only over the Wi-Fi and not mobile? I will fuss with it. Rebooting the router just for fun. Ugh. EE broadband is pretty decent but once in a while it just has these weird little fits.

Seems to have fixed it for now. I hate networking stuff, when I am even slightly tired it becomes like witchcraft to me. Thank you chums.

It's always DNS.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Starmer in his role as DPP has already shown he's willing to deport anyone at the drop of a hat.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I heard he used to touch himself while he was looking at the posters.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

English Football Fans go WOKE: Study finds three quarters of footie fans WOULD NOT throw a bench through a restaurant window when travelling abroad and two-thirds have walked up the shop and only bought a 4-pack of Stella, drinking only one or two on returning home and not engaging in domestic violence, nearly half say they have petted a Cat and ENJOYED IT.

[edit] Beans.

Dead Goon fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Jun 20, 2022

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

wOrKeRs oN StRiKe aReN'T WoRkInG, aRe tHeY?!

Checkmate, Communists.

[edit] My first computer was an Amstrad CPC 464.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Guavanaut posted:

Food £200k
Decor £150k
Rent £0
Cocaine £360k
Treehouse £150k
someone who is good mates with the tory party please give me money. my family is feckless

You really won't want any food after sniffing that much coke.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

BBC: Inquiry begins into Captain Tom Foundation charity.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-61986597

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

My MP says he's too busy to go to that climate change thing with Vallance.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Lord of the Llamas posted:

Why do people in this thread have such a hard on for PR when it'll just lead to constant centre/right wing coalitions?

Thread is full of ex/embarrassed Lib Dems, OP.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Tesseraction posted:

re-e-sign, when the crowd says bo eject-ya

:bravo:

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I haven't really given it deep thought, to be honest.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

My local Jobcentre has peered into the future and decided it will be too hot to work next Monday and Tuesday, so they're closing the offices.

There's only one thing I'd trust less than a weather forecast, and that's the DWP.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I didn't think Keith's collusion with the "deep state" went any further than destroying the Labour Party?

But who knows, I hear they can be tricksy little hobbitses.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I don't particularly care for courgette.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

ijyt posted:

RE: earlier vote starmer chat, lol just lol if you're not spoiling your ballot.

:agreed:

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Miftan posted:

Yeah I don't mind a few pages of dunking on really bad opinions because this thread has A LOT of lurkers, and a bunch of regulars who said this thread helped drive them left. You're not trying to convince the troll, you're preaching to any sympathetic people in the audience.

I think most of us started off as some variety of liberal at some point (except jealuni, apparently), and it's a good thing for lurkers to hear the reasons as to why specifically bad stuff is bad from a leftist perspective.

Have never been a Liberal thank you very loving much!

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

WhatEvil posted:

Post-me-own-tweets Dibbler:

https://twitter.com/WhatEvil/status/1554180953261674497?s=20&t=LjsY6qWuyAsrnq--TeLJrA

(Cause it's easier than separately uploading the image again).

Indeed.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I don't understand America.

Can we expect Sir Lindsay Hoyle to fly out to, I don't know, Brussels, to do some Brexit negotiations on behalf of the Government?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

crispix posted:

like the furthest i'd go is i might tell the queen she's a horrible old bag if i saw her out and about, but i'd like to know my rights

I would ask her to lend me fifty quid.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Margaret loving Hodge...

https://twitter.com/margarethodge/status/1558056058740002818?s=20&t=ZfbBy7VJ46qimzwUe-8ZqA

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Minky, musty, sly old stoaty stoaty stoat!

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

When do you think MI5/MI6/GCHQ/Chelsea Pensioners will quietly take Truss out?

Because surely they can't have someone like her running around spouting the kind of poo poo she has been doing?!

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

keep punching joe posted:

Is there a women's darts?

Hope a trans woman wins that next.

Yes there is, but the main professional tour, run by the PDC is, and always has been open.

If you're good enough to win a tour card, you play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

HopperUK posted:

The shower at least has a perspex wall around it, I'm more concerned about trying to poop while someone's happily playing the piano right there

You need that magic glass that goes opaque when you want it to.