Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Would make sense to have giver.jpg on the "tails" side

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

I accidentally stole a disc of Star Trek DS9 from Lovefilm, and then they died before I found it.

Same, but End of Days for me.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

bessantj posted:

I know you joke but skipping the dentist because of cost will cause people to end up in hospital with nasty mouth infections.

Oh tell me about it. Like in 2020 when all the dentist's stopped working due to COVID, so when I got an infection all I could do was medicate with OTC painkillers and Orajel numbing gel.

After a month of this my wife found me mostly unconscious spouting nonsense and ended up with me going to hospital with a car of Sepsis.

Yay for getting an easily solvable problem that could have actually killed me, but thankfully has likely only shortened my lifespan instead.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

TACD posted:

I’m not involved with it at all so I hope I’m not stepping out of line here but this sounds like exactly the sort of thing the UKMT fund is for

I am completely involved in the UKMT fund and it's absolutely the sort of thing it's there for.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Depending on your earnings and how much you are paying for childcare, it may be worth seeing if you are eligible for Universal Credit.

You can earn quite a considerable sum and still get something back from the government. Universal Credit for us pays for 85% of our childcare costs up to a total of £646. Combine that with the standard allowance, housing allowance and child support allowance and you end up getting something even with the reduction due to earnings.

In addition, once you are on UC, you can then get 15 hours childcare a week free once they are 2 years old.

You may not get a massive amount, but its something. I've also found that if both people are in work, working more than 16 hours, you don't get hassled to find other paid work or jobs.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Julio Cruz posted:

oh god I gave up on him after....Reamde?.......which was like the size of a loving dictionary

I struggled with that one as well. Nice idea for the plot, but just so much filler with nothing going on.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

One gang tag please.

Be gentle, it's my first time.

Edit: forgot to add, please keep my AV and text, just put it wherever.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

I worked in the kitchen of a Chinese takeaway for about 8 years so I will generally make a batch of Sweet and Sour concentrate and that will last me for a year.

My friends love that I can make pretty much any general Chinese chippy meal.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

His Divine Shadow posted:

I'd make it a point to push the button daily so it doesn't stick when needed.

Liz Truss, 2 weeks from now.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Urrrgh.

I hate universal credit reporting periods.

My wife changed job at the end of July. There past from her last place was at the start of the reporting period, the pay from her new job right at the end. So now UC think she has earned twice as much this month and we are getting nothing.

This absolutely sucks and we need something to sort this out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

I think there is a visual inspection of the brake pads to check that they are not too worn as well. But yes, nothing is removed during the MOT.