Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005
loving hell, Airbnb is a ballache to use. I just want somewhere to stay, I'm not applying for citizenship so it's a bit unclear why they need two photos of me and my driving licence. You don't get this kind of bollocks with the Premier Inn.

Anyway, had to be done as Belfast is a bit on the expensive side. That's the last time I use Airbnb though, absolute turd of a website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005
I suppose I should have booked a hotel a few months in advance but it was very much a spur of the moment decision to go.

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005
I'm all for it (not a doctor) but then I work in the NHS and can't begrudge anyone striking. It's a hard job and deserves better and at the end of the day it is only a job. You have to find happiness outside of work.

Then again, I think all active posters on that junior doctors subreddit need to be on some kind of watchlist. A lot of them are utter, utter pricks. You can easily spot the ones who have never had any kind of job before medicine.

Anyway. Bit off topic, but yeah, best of luck.

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

Guavanaut posted:

There's been a few books like that recently. This one is apparently about The Men by Sandra Newman, where everyone with XY chromosomes disappears and then crime and violence goes way down but then female supremacists start pogroms against trans guys or something, then there's Moths by Jane Hennigan (which I read last year) where a pandemic makes everyone with a 'male immune system' go psycho or die and it comes across very terfy at the start but then swings hard around to "no don't actually let these GC weirdos run your society even if male violence is a thing, medical science is better than ceding society to radfem-coded fascists", and then there's the one you mentioned.

I think in Moths at least Hennigan knows exactly what she's doing because there's a bit where all the surviving males are in prison camps and the enlightened GC leadership gives them JK Rowling books to keep them stupid and pliant lol.

Moths was alright (cheap on Kindle), but why does everything need to be a trilogy these days?

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

I used to play Welsh baseball in school. It was extremely localised to mostly the Catholic* communities of Cardiff, up the Rhondda a bit , Newport, and Liverpool. There used to be an annual Wales v England international every year that used to get decent crowds. As far as I was aware the game is basically on life support now.

*No segregation as far as I was aware, I think a lot of the teams were set up by/associated with churches.

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

OzyMandrill posted:

Relief is on the way. It's clouded up here in South Wales, and the temperature is starting to drop.
Got a couple of hours before the lightning starts I reckon.

Where? I'm in Abergavenny this arvo and am not feeling very comfortable at all.

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I'm not a million miles from you and it's 33C and full-on sun here and no rain drops on the forecast at all.
I think OP must be over Merthyr / Port Talbot / Neath way.

The Unholy Trinity of poo poo South Wales towns.

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

Answers Me posted:

I saw that ‘meme’ via former Welsh international David Cotterill, who seems to be giving David Icke a run for his money in the ‘batshit ex-footballer’ stakes these days.

2016 was utterly brilliant, and football should have been closed down for good afterwards, because nothing was going to top that.

Shame that prick's doing his best to sully it.

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005
Redeploy vets as doctors, it's all basically the same under the skin, probably.

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005
Lynch (and I suppose Dempsey) seem very charismatic and able to handle hostile questioning while remaining calm. Have they had any media training or are they just naturally good at this?

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

HopperUK posted:

Yeah that'd depend on the pharmacist. I have as a non-pharmacist now and then just silently forgotten to charge someone for a 'non emergency' prescriptionless supply. Just like I sometimes forget to charge them the prescription fee. But you can only get away with a limited amount of rule-bending.

e: I heavily lean in favour of 'sort the patient out, deal with the doctor/prescription/paperwork afterwards' but giving the wrong medication out to someone with no prescription on hand and sometimes no record of what they need is a huge liability issue and could land me personally right in the poo poo even if I'm not the pharmacist :/

Thankfully, I only do the very occasional locum shift these days in shops I know and I'm quite happy to "lend" a few days tablets out and then knock them off your next script.

That said, anyone who comes in acting the giddy arsehole because they can't be bothered to take any responsibility for themselves can go and sort out their own prescription through 111 or whatever.

Gambrinus fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Aug 21, 2022

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

Brendan Rodgers posted:

There are other jobs.

That's why I only do this half a dozen times a year. If I did it full time I'd be dead, or an alcoholic, or both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

This can't be real can it?

Stephen King is too big for an editor, but seems a decent bloke these days.

Even GRRM is a bit pervy and not really a writer anymore but he's not an active dickhead.

Twitter should have been strangled at birth. Billions in the bank, you could do anything you want, and she spends her time being a knob on the internet.