Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Welcome to the inaugural season of Major League BYOBball!

Congratulations, friend. You have just become General Manager of your very own BYOB-based baseball team. "But I don't watch or care about sports," I can hear you scream. Well that's okay, because you don't actually have to do any work. You'll get an office and a fancy notebook with a pen that has your initials engraved into it, sure, but you don't have to use it. You just have to name your players like Pokemon and let 'em rip.

How does this work?

Your team will play a simulated major league baseball season, courtesy of Out Of The Park Baseball 23. I will sim one month at a time until the playoffs, at which point I will stream each series in the BYOB Discord server. Everything will be just like real life, with the exception that we will be playing with significantly reduced fatigue and injuries to ensure your baseball players see as much playing time as possible.

How do I sign up?

By posting in this thread. In order to create your baseball team, I will need the following information from you:

-Team Location (as in Boston, or Palm Beach, or Hell's Kitchen)
-Team Name (as in the Hammock Kitties, or the Dippy, or the Hypersexual Snails)
-Team Abbreviation (must be 3 letters!)

In addition, you will need to create player names for the following field positions, one name for each:

quote:

C
1B
2B
SS
3B
LF
CF
RF
DH (yes, we are playing with the designated hitter. NL fans eat your heart out)

You will also need to name your pitchers. Traditionally there are 5 starting pitchers and 7 relief pitchers on a baseball team.

That's a lot of names! What if I'm creatively bankrupt?

Don't worry. You don't actually NEED to create that many names, you can create a few and I'll let the magic of OOTP generate fictional names to fill out your squad. Feel free to create as many or as few players as you like - it doesn't really matter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

We will need an evenly divisible number of teams in order to start the season. Preferably 8 or 16 teams as this will make my life easier, but any number divisible by 2 will work. Let's loving play some braseball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
The Mighty Kittens of Murbley (MMK)

Home Field: Murbley Coliseum

C: Chip Ahoy
1B: Tudd Fuddley
2B: Skim Beeble
SS: poo poo gently caress
3B: Hugh Jass
LF: Kitteh Hamhock
CF: Brank Gornky
RF: Jimberino Bobrovsky
DH: Piss Blaster

SP: He Scream
SP: You Bastard
SP: Hell Marillion
SP: Tice Anderson
SP: Neo From The Matrix

RP: Stinky Binky
RP: Carlos Mencia
RP: Dane Cook
RP: Daniel Tosh
RP: Marc Maron
RP: Bill Burr
RP: Wilhelm Scream (younger brother of He Scream)

barnold

there is most definitely a character/word limit for names so I apologize in advance for how badly I'm going to mangle some of these when I put them in the game

barnold

attn GMs: I have discovered that OOTP does not support single-name players. please update your rosters to ensure all your players have a first AND last name, otherwise I will create one for you when I make your team in-game :evilbuddy:

barnold

trust me I was just as disappointed as you are

barnold

we have 10 teams which is pretty solid so I'm gonna make the league and run the first sim 2nite

barnold

so turns out it's harder to make the game do what I want it to do than I thought and I hosed up the league settings like 4 times last night and had to start from scratch every time

the good news is that I have finally successfully created the league with all the teams in it. the bad news is I still need to update all of the names and actually sim the first month or two of games, so that'll happen sometime this weekend when I can carve a little extra time to do it.

I took a quick look at the rosters and the teams are pretty even. every squad has one or two 5 Star rated players. also I made it so that everyone is between 17-19 years old because the first time I generated the draft it was spitting out 40 year old pitchers. rather than have guys who play one season and then retire immediately I thought it'd be better to give everyone young players with lots of potential

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold

Doctor Dogballs posted:

gif would be funnier if he just held still after he fell down

on the contrary i think the half hearted attempt to get up is the cherry on the gif cake

Twenty Four posted:

Ah dang I missed it, I love me some baseball. Also I instantly recognized Pablo Sandoval up there even before he fell and laughed when he did. Silly Panda.

hey who's to say the league doesn't vote on expansion after this season!

it's taking me a LONG time to update the names for every player on each team. the process to edit names requires a lot of clicks and is very time consuming. i am still working on it friends but sim sometime soon