Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Goalz! :ducksiren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

Less Goalz?

Kale
May 14, 2010

Chaos Hockey

Kale
May 14, 2010

The play was.......ONSIDE!!!! :woop:

Kale
May 14, 2010

Lol it's already 4-3 before 30 minutes

Kale
May 14, 2010

Surely that's gotta be it for old man Smitty

Kale
May 14, 2010

McSeries good

Kale
May 14, 2010

Rangers looking really good in the second :monocle:

Kale
May 14, 2010

lovely penalties slowing the tempo

Kale
May 14, 2010

:lol: MacKinnon just dumped for no reason, not a penalty.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Pleads posted:

What the hell is happening in this sloppy game of hockey

It really is though. :barf:

Kale
May 14, 2010

Oh no Smitty no Smitty :ohdear:

Kale
May 14, 2010

They're not even like the greatest shots in the world either, just shots. You're telling me he couldn't save that Manson slapper?

e: There was an Edmonton player in the way too. No block?

Kale
May 14, 2010

Francouz>Smith

Kale
May 14, 2010

I'll believe Tampa Bay gets eliminated from the playoffs the second somebody is bringing the Prince of Wales trophy over near a bunch of people in a Rangers jerseys.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Such country :canada:

Kale
May 14, 2010

McDavid doing stuff already

Kale
May 14, 2010

That's gotta be a boarding

Kale
May 14, 2010

Gonna see a lot of McDavid from here on out I imagine

Kale
May 14, 2010

Jimmy Jerkboat posted:

Suspend kane

Sweep plz kadri back game one of the finals against new york

Big assumption that New York Rangers are going through to the final.

mennoknight posted:

again, I cannot believe the Flames lost to this team

Markstrom had a really REALLY bad series and McDavid had a really great one even for him unlike how this is mostly going. Otherwise yeah Flames were really the better team and if you played that series again right now I bet they probably sweep.

Markstrom SV% @ Dallas: .948
Markstrom SV% @ Edmonton: .858

He went from Vezina numbers to lovely 3rd/4th string backup numbers over the transition basically.

Kale fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jun 5, 2022

Kale
May 14, 2010

DrunkPanda posted:

Markstrom against Edmonton was literally the worst playoff goaltender performance in a playoff series I've ever seen from a starter. I mean, he was so bad that he arguably gave up an even worse goal than this in the same game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LIEO-g-tmg

I mean I've seen goalies some top goalies like Price, Luongo, Rask etc. give up some lovely goals once in a while and even whiff a routine save, but I've never seen one do it as regularly as Smith. He really does make like 10 saves in a row, some of them solid saves too, but then will whiff the 3 most generic "put pucks on the net" low danger type shots in a row that are supposed to setup potential rebounds or get frozen so you can take an O-Zone faceoff and maybe set up something more favorable off it then with the ongoing play. Nobody really expects those to go in, but they sure do a lot on Smith. Markstrom had to be really bad to lose to that goaltending and with the quality of Calgary's offense.

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAOKAkEN7SI

The best Mike Smith :smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB6TEDp94-k

e: but also Mike Smith :unsmith:

Kale fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jun 5, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

Game was like 3-1 when I left my folks house at the end of the 2nd. I assume Smith Smithed it up and here we are