Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Bagmo, i wouldnt be shocked if we run into each other at some state park some day. I try to make note of other tent campers since we’re such a minority. We also cram our jeep fulla poo poo!

Tent campers unite. Every time I get a survey from the MIDNR after camping I always ask for a designated "tents only" area with some greenery.

We drove through Fort Wilkins two weekends ago, I'm thinking of a late September camping trip up there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Dr. Lunchables posted:

I’ve got a post about Yankee Springs coming up; when I can find the time needed to write and format it.

I’ll also be doing a condensed version for Belle Isle, which we visited Labor Day weekend.

Don’t worry, Michigoons and tent campers, we’ve got poo poo lined up all throughout the winter, so keep an eye open for reviews that will probably not lend much for summer campers.

Craig Lake State Park. January. Do it.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

bagmonkey posted:

Does anyone have experience with camping at State Forest campgrounds? I think next summer I'm gonna try and do that more because they are cheap as gently caress and easy to find everywhere

I have, they tend to be very chill but on the downside you can show up and be camped next to a fraternity bachelor party who is thumping tunes till 4am.

You can wild camp on any state land of federal land with a few caveats. Find a nice ridge and want to camp there? Go for it, for free, as long as it's 1 mile away from a state forest campground. There's a few other rules but that's the basics of it. Federal land is a bit different, but very similar.