Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClapeMoji
Nov 2, 2023
Throwing in my two cents here but if you can, go to Isle Royale and backpack. Hell, just day hiking would rule.

Legitimately one of my favorite places I've been in my 5-6 odd years of backpacking during the summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClapeMoji
Nov 2, 2023

WoodrowSkillson posted:

IR is amazing, but yeah its a bit of an event getting there. The Seaplane is a must. 45 minutes vs 4-6 hours and extremely cool views of the island. My buddies and I did it for a our first real backpacking trip, and we still talk about going back because now it would be easy mode. Plus we never saw a damned moose despite them walking past our tents at night.

Sorry for the derail in advance.

Seeing a moose up close and in person will unlock a new fear you didn't know you had. The fuckers will sometimes lay in the brush next to the trail and you wouldn't even know they're there until you hear a "you're too close, bro" snort and a boulder with legs stands up and is as tall as you are... At the shoulders.

How much did a sea plane run? I've been to IR twice and yeah being able to get there and back to shore (especially since you want nothing more than to sleep and shower after getting out of the woods) sounds excellent.