Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
I was inspired by your post and tried to book something for Port Crescent but it looks pretty booked for this summer. Now I've got the bug and it looks like I'm looking too late in the season already to get a spot at a good park.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

If the tents only with greenery between each site existed within 2 hours of me, I would be there every weekend. Bonus points if they are on the water.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I know, it was more a wish. I'm in Oakland County. I've come close at one of the sites near Brighton (Brighton Rec Area I think) that was mostly tent camping and had wide spots with lots of greenery in between them.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

Did you go to the hike in site at Ludington? That's one of my favorites.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

Did you stay up to 12:01 am six months prior to your camping date to reserve it? That's what my FIL does to get one of the premier sites at Straits State Park for the Labor Day bridge walk every year.

Also I forgot how bold the raccoons were there. They are BOLD.

Solid write up as usual Dr. L.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Just talked to Mrs. Lunchables and the other parks I forgot about for this year are Proud Lake and Orchard Beach. I think Proud Lake is next month.

I live within walking distance of Proud Lake so hmu if you have questions or need a beer/dram/weed delivery.

It's not the greatest state park/rec area but I love being "in the woods" in five minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

Great write up as usual. The first picture of the yurt is beautiful. I've stayed at a yurt at Pinckney Rec area and they are a nice mixture of tent camping vs. cabin camping. You have inspired me that I really should explore camping in the winter more.

Also I assume you say sow-na and not saw-na like a proper yooper...?