Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
I grew up in mn but visited the upper peninsula a lot.

I hear copper harbor is better than ever on the MTB front, and it was already baller like a decade ago.

It's amazing how few people tent camp out here where I live now (Utah).

Everyone talks about going camping but it usually involves towing a monstrous trailer with two bedrooms and a garage for all your fancy powertoys. Running your generator all night and taking showers in your fifth wheel and poo poo.

Meanwhile I'm going on weeklong trips where we just live out of our tents rain or shine and ride 100s of miles on gnarly singletrack while dunking in whatever creeks or lakes we end up near if we need to feel clean. Different strokes I guess...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
I spend a night at the canyonlands needles area national park campground a few years ago. I normally don't go to actual campgrounds out here since there's so much public land but sometimes it's convenient.

There was a couple from Germany next to us, with their rv. Like they brought it on a ship from Germany, German plates and all.

They watched two hours of what sounded like a German WWII movie that night. Full blast. Sounded like they had loving surround sound. Unreal