Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Didn’t loving Nixon set price controls to combat inflation?

We’re so far right we can’t even do basic poo poo Nixon was able to get away with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Man, I would've considered a Tesla for my next car after I saw a friend drive hers with her finger a couple years ago but, between Musk's general douchebaggery and now this? :yikes:

My wife’s ‘22 Jeep Grand Cherokee has a system good enough to pilot itself on any road with a center line. It’s best on the highway and I don’t use it a ton, but semi autonomous driving is not just a Tesla thing.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

loving finally. Been paranoid about our 3 year old.

My 2 year old has been dodging COVID like Neo in the Matrix. My wife and eldest kid got it (all vaxxed and my wife was boosted). I didn't (but I'm fully vaxxed/boosted) and his had his daycare shut down at least twice with patient zero being people he had daily interaction with (one adult provider and one kid).

Makes me wonder if his 3 week NICU visit for RSV back in late December 2020 wasn't actually for RSV.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jun 17, 2022

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

They do this whenever a radio station flips formats.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stunting_(broadcasting)

quote:

Stunting is a type of publicity stunt in radio broadcasting, where a station—abruptly and often without advance announcement—begins to air content that is seemingly uncharacteristic compared to what is normally played.

Stunting is typically used to generate publicity and audience attention for upcoming changes to a station's programming, such as new branding, format, or as a soft launch for a newly-established station. Occasionally, a stunt may be purely intended as publicity or a protest, and not actually result in a major programming change. Stunts often involve a loop of a single song, or an interim format (such as the discography of a specific artist, Christmas music, a specific theme, or novelty songs), which may sometimes include hints towards the station's new format or branding.

It’s on purpose. But the social media legs from the myth is pretty nice publicity.