Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Con air is a lot of fun with a wild concept and a great cast. Definitely a 90s staple of action. My one hot take on it though is that I think Nic Cage is held back too much in this role. He plays a cool, calm hero, but Cage is at his best when you feel like he’s going to lose it. Luckily everyone else is bringing the crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
There’s a version of this film I could see where Cage plays Cusacks character, but dialed up even more. But then that’s really just his role in the Rock which came out before it.

Is this one of the only two that Cage and Rhames share? (Bringing out the dead as the other)

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Didn’t he make a deal? But the judge just hated military people or something and gave him max penalty.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Not long after he joined an oil rig before succumbing to space dementia on an asteroid. Should have never put him on that plane.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Just watched Wild at Heart and I realized that both feature Nic Cage going to jail, his blond gf raising their kid whiles he’s in jail, and then meeting this at end of the film where he gives them a stuffed animal. Both versions of Cage also have a southern accent of sorts.