Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

So here you make an argument that Democrats didn't pass gun control in 2008 because Democrats don't care about stopping gun deaths.

Mulva posted:

I do love how you have to go to 2013. No, the point is 2008, when the Democrats had a super-majority and couldn't be stopped from doing anything they wanted for a few months. That was prime time to pass their most important, most pressing issues. Nobody could stop them, they were at the height of all possible power in this government.

Why didn't they? Because they didn't want to. Not like gun violence wasn't an issue then, not like we didn't have mass shootings, not like there wasn't talk by people about doing things. They just....didn't. They don't care.

When it's pointed out that this isn't really why gun reform didn't pass in 2008, suddenly things like reasons and the truth no longer matter.

Mulva posted:

That's all very interesting, but I've found over the decades I don't loving care about the excuses people trot out for why they failed. I don't even care if they are true.

You have a conclusion that you are wedded to, and will simply ignore or dismiss things that run counter to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

North Vietnam was supplied by the USSR and the PRC. The US was not repelled by weapons that already existed within the civilian population.