Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
doin it for the love of tha game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
gently caress

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
on this page talk about stupid poo poo you deal with for the love of tha game

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

Absolutely none lol.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
for example, i'm the president of my housing co-operative. i get to explain to people constantly that i don't pay rent, but i also don't own the property. i'm a member of a collective housing association. it's hard to imagine an arrangement in capitalism hell world where i'm not a landlord and i also don't have a landlord.

the actual duties of president are mostly so petty and mundane its comical. every meeting it's like holding kings court, but more like a manor lords court because it's like 50 households grievances i have to weigh on. it's always the dumbest poo poo you can imagine.

i became president because our last board was so incompetent and corrupt we were basically paralyzed for 9 months so we had to vote to remove the last pres and a director. i won the election and our primary goal right now is to refinance our mortgage, which is a huge undertaking to do for free in my spare time for a 50 unit commercial property. this on top of the day to day issues. the last board sucked so bad we almost ran out of time to begin the process and would have went bankrupt.

i do it because i love my community and it's a small slice of legit communism in a capitalist hellworld and i don't want to see it go under like so many before have. if we can get this refinancing settled in a reasonable time, we're looking at being mortgage free in ~10 years. then we can slash the housing charges in half, which is a boon for everyone. think like $700/mo in a real estate environment where most people pay $2k/mo to vulture landlords for the same townhouse

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
I get probed for the love of the game.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I work an exhausting job 45-50 hours a week for the love of not starving to death in the street I guess

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

Revins posted:

I work an exhausting job 45-50 hours a week for the love of not starving to death in the street I guess

working for money doesnt count. requesting a probation pls

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I dealt with Doctor Who because I was dating a guy who liked it. Doing it for the love of the D.

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
I'm moving several states away from my long term partner and dog and leaving a totally ok job to pursue an academic job in my field which i am hoping will but has no guarantee of becoming more than a 1 year contract.

Love for the Academia game is tough love.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Sometimes I jack off not because I'm horny, but for the love of the game.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

The game is Qix for some reason.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

neato burrito posted:

The game is Qix for some reason.

Because you want to cram something in a hole?

You know I actually really miss playing that game, it was good

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

I have a massive nerd boner for the Apollo moon landings and most stuff surrounding it. I generally love space science and all that, but something about two superpowers racing to the moon for funzies is a never-ending source of fascination for me.

So when friends who are not super into all that (with their hearts in the right place, I guess) say things like, "You like space. You must be really excited about all the stuff Musk and Bezos are doing." I have to find a way to politely not act like a cynical rear end in a top hat.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

tehinternet posted:

I legit have no idea why anyone would ever want an unpaid job like that

I mean, I guess it’s a low stakes way to learn how to deal with people in a position of “authority” maybe?

at the time i was doing it, people weren't asked. you just logged in one day and randomly became a moderator as a result of some discussion you weren't involved in

im not sure if its still run like that but thats how it was for at least the first ten years or so of the forums

but later i used it to get an actual paid job so it worked out i guess

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

airports and plantars fasciitis mainly

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Aug 3, 2022

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Nice Tuckpointing! posted:

I have a massive nerd boner for the Apollo moon landings and most stuff surrounding it. I generally love space science and all that, but something about two superpowers racing to the moon for funzies is a never-ending source of fascination for me.

So when friends who are not super into all that (with their hearts in the right place, I guess) say things like, "You like space. You must be really excited about all the stuff Musk and Bezos are doing." I have to find a way to politely not act like a cynical rear end in a top hat.

Yeah, totally feel that.

“Oh, am I excited that we peaked 50+ years ago? Absolutely!”

“Am I excited that the one good thing the US government did is now a privatized poo poo show? You betcha!”

It’s pretty easy to look at the enthusiasm and hope for the future in 1969 and to look at today and just be :smith:

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

We've kind of made a trade in the last decade or so. Space exploration goes from the government to private sector nutters, but the government is admitting to the existence of UFOs, so we no longer have to rely exclusively on private nutters for info about them.

Of course the g men are still gonna sculpt the narrative to their own ends but it's progress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifepuzzler
Nov 5, 2009
That is a game, and I refuse to play.