Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Post on this page how long you want to be probated, and maybe why.

I want a month because I can't get 2 months.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
idk I waste too much time on here and it would be nice to be minus one thing to distract me this evening so I wouldn't entirely mind a sixer

also im v high

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
I even reported myself. How long is the admin cue? <:mad:>

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same
Desired probe length: I would like to be probated for 0 hours - that is, I would not like to be probated at all

Rationale: I already essentially self-probate for days if not weeks at a time, but I like the freedom to decide to post or not

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Exactly 12 minutes so I can tug one out

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Up too zero minutes to zero plus 4 minutes

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
What's the shortest time someone can be probated for?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Confusedslight posted:

What's the shortest time someone can be probated for?

15 minutes if a thread you created gets gassed.

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
30 seconds. Because that'd be kinda funny.

Edit: I think that'd be shorter than the time it takes my router and modem to restart when I lose Internet.

chainchompz fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jul 16, 2022

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Either 69, 420, or 666 minutes

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zil posted:

15 minutes if a thread you created gets gassed.

It's this but also I'm sure Astral or Jeff could probe you for one second if they wanted to bad enough

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
And then his penis fell off and shattered like the door in The Gate (1987), all the miniature demons scuttling away.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

I don't wanna be probated again because I'm a good Boi now :angel:

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

It's been awhile since I've been probated.

Mods hit me with whatever length probe you think is appropriate based on your personal opinion of my value as a poster. I will not judge you for your choice.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I just sprayed hot diarrhea all in my pants and all over my balls itll probably take 6 hours to get cleaned up i guess

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

exciting page is exciting

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I am hurting for a sixer. A sixer per week is good to keep your posting form strong and consistent. Too many posters try going weeks, months even without sixers and you can tell by their mediocre postings. More advanced posters who make at least 10 posts per day on average should consider two sixers per week, but not everyone should do this without guidance from someone more experienced.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

buglord posted:

I am hurting for a sixer. A sixer per week is good to keep your posting form strong and consistent. Too many posters try going weeks, months even without sixers and you can tell by their mediocre postings. More advanced posters who make at least 10 posts per day on average should consider two sixers per week, but not everyone should do this without guidance from someone more experienced.

You should go post six in the five thread

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

You should go post six in the five thread

Trouble counting, mods target me

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

buglord posted:

lmao not even three posts per day, amateur

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
Mods must be a bunch of cowards to let this page sink into the SA abyss without issuing more probs. Disgraceful.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
lol that nearly every page has been a thread killing idea that no one wants to post on. sorry about your rthread william, it's a good concept

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

lol that nearly every page has been a thread killing idea that no one wants to post on. sorry about your rthread william, it's a good concept

agreed, its a deec concept, posting to help edge us closer to page 18

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Gonna give this a bump as well.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

16 more posts and we can talk about anything else

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Maybe we should just call a mulligan on this page and talk about good smells or something for the next 15 posts

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Are those posts potential probation material? Not saying it is! Just trying to think of something related to the topic. We must be close.... oh no. We are not close.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Probations scare me. I'm terrified next time I will be banned based on my rap sheet. Even though they mostly occurred in the "post only five thread", where I sometimes accidently go over.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Well you're way over with that one pal!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Confusedslight posted:

Probations scare me. I'm terrified next time I will be banned based on my rap sheet. Even though they mostly occurred in the "post only five thread", where I sometimes accidently go over.

Yeah that’s how bans work. Keep your nose clean pal.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Confusedslight posted:

There are :airquote: forums superstars :airquote: who have rap sheets like CVS receipts.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
I actually have never noticed a probation and only realized that I had the ones I do when I checked my rap sheet out of curiosity

Just lol at me in 2008 being a smug McCain supporter because Obama DiDnT hAvE eXpErIeNcE

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same
I think there's been some semantic drift in probes. When introduced they were almost as serious as a ban, but now it seems there's a category of probes that don't really add bad mojo to your rap sheet - like, if someone is being a shithead and they have 4 comedy 6er probes from a year ago, that's like having no probes at all.

I guess it hides some shitheaddery, in the sense that it could be easier to hide serious probes in the noise when your rap sheet is like a CVS receipt, but I'm definitely not enough of a qcs regular to know whether that's a thing

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Some rap sheets are amazing though, tenementfunster comes to mind as an all star (who never got perma’d and actually seems kind of chill now)

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

tehinternet posted:

Some rap sheets are amazing though, tenementfunster comes to mind as an all star (who never got perma’d and actually seems kind of chill now)

he actually was perma'd and it was undone iirc lol

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

during my brief time as a gbs moderator i once had some guy literally sending me death threats over aim because of a 6 hour probation i had given to his wife or girlfriend or something, they formed some kind of incredibly annoying "posting team" together. i forgot their names but they had dog avatars and shitposted constantly

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

feeling anything more than the tiniest pang of momentary annoyance at getting a sixer is a sign of mental illness

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
i always pm the mod when they probe me with an angry title but then a lulzy messgae so they get trolled as well and whioever i trolled to catch the probe

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
One time I got mildly annoyed at a sixer because I had requested one but it didn’t get activated till the next day when I actually wanted to be able to post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Earwicker posted:

during my brief time as a gbs moderator i once had some guy literally sending me death threats over aim because of a 6 hour probation i had given to his wife or girlfriend or something, they formed some kind of incredibly annoying "posting team" together. i forgot their names but they had dog avatars and shitposted constantly

I legit have no idea why anyone would ever want an unpaid job like that

I mean, I guess it’s a low stakes way to learn how to deal with people in a position of “authority” maybe?