Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

KMFDM at The Edge in Palo Alto, CA. solid Money era set. right next door to the music store where i bought my first bass. sadly now both places are long gone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

StarkRavingMad posted:

I had a bunch of work done on my teeth in Mexico because I didn’t have dental insurance and I couldn’t afford to get it done in the US. I was scared at first but the Mexican dentist was super nice and his office was better and more high tech than anyplace I’d been before!

i've been thinking about doing this actually. where did you go?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

StarkRavingMad posted:

I went to a place called Trust Dental Care in Tijuana. Super nice and the dentists and receptionists all spoke English. (I know some Spanish but not like fluent). They also told me — without outright saying it — that some of the stuff my US dentist wanted to do was bullshit to run up the price.

not at all surprised. thank you for the info!

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Gologle posted:

In honor of Father's Day, let us share songs from overrated bands and artists that we actually really love.

Jim Morrison was kind of a hack and definitely overrated, but i grew up listening to the Doors because of my dad, and i still like them. he taught me to play this one on piano

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imcHmSUVEvk

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Aesop Poprock posted:

It took me until I was like 25 to realize the Doors actually suck really bad but I can understand nostalgia

ray manzarak and robbie krieger were both excellent musicians. john densmore was a middling drummer but he did the job. the only real problem with them is jim, which is of course a pretty big problem, but imo a lot of the instrumental work still holds up

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Ys is a masterpiece imo. there's nothing like it

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

not underrated, but since people are just pure nostalgia posting... this is one of my favorite songs from high school that still holds up today. this whole album does. i feel like everything they did after this is good but very much "of its era" if that makes sense, but badmotofinger is timeless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgqLAlFKtXA

and speaking of timeless, its also just as good as it always was, and i still listen to it at least once every couple weeks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Usqwy2-E4SE

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

during my brief time as a gbs moderator i once had some guy literally sending me death threats over aim because of a 6 hour probation i had given to his wife or girlfriend or something, they formed some kind of incredibly annoying "posting team" together. i forgot their names but they had dog avatars and shitposted constantly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

tehinternet posted:

I legit have no idea why anyone would ever want an unpaid job like that

I mean, I guess it’s a low stakes way to learn how to deal with people in a position of “authority” maybe?

at the time i was doing it, people weren't asked. you just logged in one day and randomly became a moderator as a result of some discussion you weren't involved in

im not sure if its still run like that but thats how it was for at least the first ten years or so of the forums

but later i used it to get an actual paid job so it worked out i guess

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

on this page talk about stupid poo poo you deal with for the love of tha game

airports and plantars fasciitis mainly

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Aug 3, 2022