Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Captain Oblivious posted:

I’m all but convinced Cassia is going to be a Camellia level trap of some kind.

I am still curious how anybody thought Camellia's whole thing was meant to be a surprise. Even the moment she first joins the party basically says she brutally murdered the guy she's standing over. Like, she was not subtle at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Caidin posted:

Also? Forceswords? What happened to those? I've found 2, a few dozen hours ago, and they are kitten slaps now.

There are only 2 in the entire game.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

FuzzySlippers posted:

There definitely feel like way too many feats tied to specific types of weapons without any way to know how many are actually in the game. I'd like to see a mod that fights the feat bloat by combining a lot of those into targeting broader types of weapons.

Pathfinder WOTR has mods that consolidate weapon feats, so this will probably get one eventually.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Tricky posted:

Nope, it's supposed to be for Yrliet but they gave it contradictory requirements. Either toybox it or ignore it.

I don't know why it even has additional restrictions. She's the only party member who even has that Asuryan passive, isn't she? Nobody else would be able to use it anyway.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

CommissarMega posted:

You know, with the popularity of the 30k/Horus Heresy setting, I wish there was at least a short story or something set even earlier- I've always heard the Emperor's hateboner of alien races came when the Long Night hit and all of humanity's supposed alien allies turned on the remnants, but of course there's no way to know that for sure.

The Emperor wasn't completely against friendly relations with non-humans, but any aggression would be met with full force. The Crusade even had a peaceful negotiation (and banquet) with a multi-species civilization that went really well, until Chaos worshippers stole a deadly weapon from them and caused them to attack the Imperium's troops in retaliation.

Every meeting with a new civilization began with diplomacy, they just didn't all end with diplomacy. It's only after the Heresy, the loss of every Primarch, and the rise of the Imperial Cult that aliens and mutants really became "purge first, ask questions never".

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Tangentially related: How is Inquisitor: Martyr?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

evilmiera posted:

One way Owlcat dropped the ball, 100 percent, is in lack of reactivity to you being a psyker. Like I think the only time it ever even comes up aside from that starting conversation is a throwaway line when you get to the Warrant of Trade. There's at least three times off the top of my head I can think of that could and should involve those powers but it just never gets mentioned. I guess Baldur's Gate's reactivity spoiled me a bit.

Pathfinder WOTR was a lot more reactive than this. Tons of references to your race and your deity (or lack thereof), even whole conversation branches and quest rewards only available to specific races. Like the obvious Dhampir barkeeper. If you aren't a Dhampir, your character is left wondering if he really is one, but if you are one you can ask him for "The drinks for our kind" and he'll serve you elf blood.

Or how the Lich makes constant reference to a player Dhampir being an "incomplete" undead.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Buschmaki posted:

The big boss of the orkz is named after Thatcher, 40k started as being abt havin fun and tellin jokes

They also all talk like chavs. :allears:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

There is a heavy armor that is designed only for psykers, for some reason.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Magni posted:

Most Space Marine chapters don't worship Big E as a god and are entirely open about that. It's something only the most bellend Ecclesiarchy fanatics even complain, let alone do anything about.

And Space Wolves in particular don't give a flying gently caress what the Ecclesiarchy and Inquisition think about anything.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Probably could have just had psyker be its own class, with unique subclasses for Cassia and Idira.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Jon Irenicus posted:

I was just going to ask if nows the time to pull the trigger and install. sounds like I'll wait another few weeks

Just wait for the inevitable Enhanced Edition.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Magni posted:

Tabletop doesn't really do momentum or ultimates.

Yea, all this has in common with the tabletop game is the setting and some names.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Zirak posted:

The Ciaphas Cain books is also one of the places where they confirmed Sisters aren't actually chaste - in the second Omnibus there's a story set in his later life where he's at a Schola teaching young commissars and there's a bit where he finds out the teacher for the student Sisters of Battle is hooking up with one of the other teachers.

You'd think they would be chaste, considering the origin of the organization that became the Sororitas (battle nuns tricked by the pope into becoming his bodyguards, assassins, and private harem).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Argenta and Idira, for story.