Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Sab669 posted:

Prey is so bad lol.

Here's some Temp Wounds I guess.
Or put it on the big scary things, but gently caress letting the Bounty Hunter get the kill because it makes more sense to just kill it ASAP with whoever you can.

I regret whatever guide had me spec two characters as Bounty Hunters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

I'm nearing the end of Act 2 and this game rocks. Best surprise treat of the year. Overcomplicated, somewhat buggy, and dense? Sure. But it's a fresh new setting for me that had a blast with it's narrative and choices.

The loving Foulstone colony choice can get hosed though.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Somewhere I heard that we may get a patch sometime between the 20th and 22nd with a bunch of Act 4 and Act 5 fixes. Hope that's true because the game goes from tolerable levels of bugginess in Act 3 to actively frustrating enough not to continue in Act 4. I'll check out this "Wrath" game until then.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

How do Eldar know about monkeys and that we're genetically similar to them or to use it as an insult? This game is cool and I like the setting. I assume the answer is "it's fun, stop" but in the event there is an explanation for that or the prevalence of bipedal humanoid shaped life I'd love to know.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Jack Trades posted:

It's used to be a name for a completely unrelated to humanity race that Eldar had a lot of bad blood with which later turned into a slur for "inferior being".

That's super neat. Especially because that's how language actually evolves, at least for humans.

Xun posted:

Honestly before the game came out I thought Abelard was gona be boring and suck but actually he rules and is my bro

Usually in games the designated bro character sucks or is fine, but Abelard is a good guy and dutiful seneschal. I like these characters. It's been a drat fine year for CRPGs.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Is Pathfinder WOTR worth playing? I really like this.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

these romances are interesting. jae is loving awful but lol. i hope that alien chick lets this mon-keigh clap dem cheeks

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Sab669 posted:

How long is this segment in Act 3 where you get kidnapped and have no gear and no friends? Because oh my god this poo poo kills me in video games, it's the worst trope in the world and I completely don't want to play anymore

Weirdly it's the only time I haven't hated this trope.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

I loved exploring the xenos in this game. New to the lore but drat if it doesn't all feel rich.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Nooooooo. I haven't played since the 23rd and was hoping to come back Friday to a mostly fixed Chapter 4. 😞

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Any update on improvements for Act 4 and Act 5? Or do they run smoothly now?

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Crushing. Well, I never played those Pathfinder games and might as well. I'm just going to do what I did for this game and Google "good build for X".

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Eifert Posting posted:

I had one bugged quest in a ~70 hour completionist playthrough and I fixed it easily in toybox.

It's so brutal because I'm at the start of Act 4 and want to play it so bad, but I've heard that Yrliet's quest is one of the things still bugged and that can't be ToyBox'd. It's what I'm most pumped for... and my next playthrough is going to be Dogmatic. :(

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

The patch actually seems to have really brightened up areas of the game other than the strange, strange bug of nobody at all being able to equip medkits ( for me ).

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Eediot Jedi posted:

Honestly yeah, they ain't going to fix this in a few weeks. I love the game and had a relatively bug free run, I am dying to play again, but if you've got the patience to wait, wait.

drat, forecast looks that far out? I figured a week or so before some major basic patches to fix glaringly broken things. Have they given any indication of when the next one is yet?

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

This was such an excellent game until an absolutely unacceptable Act 4 and insulting Act 5. It could have had great reviews but kinda threw that away.

You can tell sites that reviewed the game only based off the front half because no one would say 9/10 by the time three companion quests break and secret companions are so secret they are literally invisible and unable to equip anything.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Thank God they're doing story progression first, or at least making the game function. I look forward to combat fixes, but I can at least play a game with bad combat.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

FuzzySlippers posted:

Act 3 has the same problem as Act 4 in Wrath: it’s too drat long. It could be a change of pace to shake up the game’s usual formula, but it just goes on too long and is too linear. It isn’t as much as a pace killer as Wrath because the story isn’t really building towards anything when it happens, but it still isn’t good and will be similarly tedious in replays

Reading this as I paused playing Rogue Trader until the end half is playable, just now getting to Act 4 in Wrath.

I actually liked that this game's classes were more like XCOM, starting out Wrath with no real knowledge of DND was stressful as gently caress. Eight billion choices and stats all thrown, concepts like multiclassing. I play a lot of tabletop games so learning a new system is fine to me, but I couldn't really ever recommend this game to a normie or my father in the same way I've told them to play Divinity Original Sin 2.

This game also had a lot of numbers thrown at you but at this point I just look up a build online and depart as I wish.

Old Doggy Bastard fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jan 15, 2024

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Can my secret companion equip items yet? That seems like a big issue and easy fix.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

I like this game a lot and enjoyed playing Kingmaker and Wrath while waiting for this patch... but I've kinda been lukewarm or turned off by every DLC they've ever made for anything.

Demon Twins & Bear Bro are the only ones I found at least mildly enjoyable, and if they make an effort for DLC companions to be integrated with and react to the main ones I'll be stoked.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

I like the leveling system to a point... but sometimes it does feel like a chore to update every character every twenty minutes. But this game slaps.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

I regret going heretic my first playthrough. Mostly because I lost half my party for a bugged out broken companion.

My post patch Iconoclast run feels like the ideal first playthrough.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Terrible Opinions posted:

Has anyone actually done the corrupting Heinrix content? Is it any good?

I thought it was cut with a lot of other corruption content and the closest thing to it is his romance flags?

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

George Sex - REAL posted:

EDIT: I kind of want to do a heretical run through, but I know it's very buggy and seems to make you crazy, irredeemably bad. Chaos only exists as a device to make fascism appear correct

Worst mistake I made was doing heretical first. I'll come back around to it come some DLC, since I imagine that will be patched good last. It was pretty cool while it was good though, but losing all the content of half my party to get a broken companion sucked hard.

Old Doggy Bastard fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Feb 29, 2024

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Pasqal is like hands down the best companion.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

While waiting for the patch to come and fix what was a very nice game before Act 3, I played Wrath and then went back to play Kingmaker. Both have a lot of charm, and all three show Owlcat improving in areas ( and failing to change in others ). This game has been very fun so far and has some great storytelling, which with some gameplay/interface improvement would make for a killer sequel. What else would you be saving Space Orcs to do? This game was fresh and interesting as someone who never touched Warhammer 40,000 outside browsing a Wikipedia page, and I'm hopeful to explore it more.

pentyne posted:

Their community manager posted about taking the feedback they got about the Kingmaker and Wrath DLCs that people were not enjoying the rogue-like standalones or endless dungeon additions so Rogue Trader is going to focus on expanding the main game.

I'm glad to hear this because I thought a lot of the Kingmaker and Wrath DLC was forgettable at best and boring filler at worst. Wrath's trippy one was good and all of the ones with companions were decent, so hopefully it's more of that but with DLC Companions fully interacting with base game companions.

Old Doggy Bastard fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Mar 6, 2024

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

30 hours into my post-patch fresh playthrough I've got some sort of awful Nomos bug and either need to replay 10 hours of I can fix it or go gently caress myself if I can't fix it. Very, very frustrating and it's sad how much bugs killed the hype.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

I am so loving mad. I just replayed 5 hours of an already long post-patch catch up to still have this issue with the Nomos quest.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Clerical Terrors posted:

Bethesda comment aside, between this, the incrediblely broken combat, and several fights that are very poorly balanced I do feel like Owlcat just doesn't playtest their own game very thoroughly.

These later acts could not have been, "secret companion who immediately unequips his entire load out because he's the heretical companion but lacks the heretic tag even though all his equipment has the heretical requirement" indicates to me that none of play testing ever got to that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Janissary Hop posted:

No idea what you're talking about, you never need insight for anything to continue the story.

Yeah, it's never needed? There's one star system that appears up top which is very faded and hard to see, but functionally red. That's the only reason I can think of that would make people feel like they need to "hoard" it, which is not at all the case.