Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

ZearothK posted:

I ran the FFG RPG for eight years and I think it is hilarious that they will base a computer game on that.

I ran a lot of Black Crusade games and had a great time with it, but god it was hard to make combat encounters for mixed Space Marine/Humans parties (and not make some players feel useless). I know this one will only have that Space Wolf but I bet it will still mess up balancing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I could do some messed up things in Wrath of the Righteous on Chaotic Evil Demon path... I wonder how far Owlcat is gonna go considering its 40k...

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

pentyne posted:

Big paladin vibes from his character description. All about rules and order, belief in the nobility of the cause etc.

Seneschal players can be by far the schemiest and shadiest characters of the entire crew

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Perestroika posted:

He throws an absolute bitchfit because Magnus destroyed his super secret project in the process

wasnt that secret project being able to use Webway just like Eldar, that would have helped humanity immensely since no more warp travel risk/navigator guild influence

I would be pretty pissed too!

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

MonsterEnvy posted:

A new 40K TRPG is coming out. I wonder if there is any link between this and it.

https://cubicle7games.com/announcing-warhammer-40000-imperium-maledictum/

another one lol? whats going on

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

holy poo poo Owlcat dont gently caress this up :kiss:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

we can have a little Ynnari cooperation, as a treat

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

our first task: feed her a little

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Nephthys posted:

Given how cartoonishly xenophobic the Imperium is, I'm curious about why any xenos would even want to travel with a Rogue Trader.

well that lady is on the Path of the Outcast, and a human Rogue Trader would undoubtedly allow her to visit places she would never be able to get alone, or at least with far more ease

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I just want to pit the Xenos and Hardliners against each other in my party while traveling around

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

MonsieurChoc posted:

Hype for this game despite never managing to finish either Pathfinder videogames.

I just turned on cheats for the last arc of Wrath of the Righteous tbh

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

kinda funny that they ret-conned the Demiurg into just a Squat faction that trades a lot with the Tau Empire

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

best I can do is that highly heretical xenos suit made from Tyranid parts

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

you can feel the "traces" of previous pathfinder games in this lol

frajaq fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Dec 7, 2022

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

watching those videos makes me want to play Pathfinder again :>

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

im desperate for this game to come out

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

romance with the dark elf companion

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Hopefully this game doesn't forces spyware on you like Owlcat just did for WotR lol

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Yeah im thinking this was a good year for RPGs

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

its me, I'm the one playing Criminal Background Rogue Trader + Heretical Path + two eldars in my party

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Aramoro posted:

What are the chances of any campaign map stuff being optional?

Really bounced off Pathfinder Wrath of the righteous because of the map stuff even though you can automate it.

I suspect its not gonna be the colony management mini-game that its gonna annoy you, but the ship combat systems that has high potential to be aggravating

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

whats the difference between a Master Tactician and a Grand Strategist :thunk:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

quote:

Forge World
- +5 TGH, + INT
- -5 FEL
Pick one of 3
Subskin Armor: bonus armor %
Locomotion: bonus to MP and dodge
Analytics: bonus to crit%

Talents
- Pinnacle of Weaponry: First attack with plasma, melta, or power weapon gains bonus damage, rest of combat it's 1/2 that bonus
- Fires of the Forge: deflection bonus against burning and flame
- Steel of the Forge: while wearing heavy armor, +1MP, +1 deflection, cannot fall prone
- Persistance of the Forge: stacking 10% bonus to hit and dodge reduction against any target you hit with a single target attack, crits give a 20% bonus
- Calculated Relations: PER, COE, COM based on INT instead of FEL

sheeesh all that looks very good

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

whats the name of that kinda scary kinda stupid Xenos race that had very ork-y weapons but they were really radioactive instead

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

hmmm I think I'm gonna play it safe and start with a shooty character, this home world sounds quite good

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Cassia is gonna be the Shadowheart of this game

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Eifert Posting posted:

Hopefully they find a way to make the classic sword/pistol thing work.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

evilmiera posted:

To be honest a lot of T'au technology IS due to them incorporating other races tech. It should come into play more with auxiliaries but sadly isn't represented well on the tabletop

Yeah with each new Tau Codex edition more client races are mentioned but they never show them lol

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

holy gently caress get me into this game NOW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

what...what kind of monster would pick a dialogue option like this?!?