Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE
Why are my characters and the enemy built on 2 completely different health scales?

Most of my characters have around 100ish wounds (even the Space Marine only has like 250 wounds) and my Master Helmsman as an NPC has 450 while normal enemies have 600+(and those aren't even real boss enemies).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

CommissarMega posted:

Some of it is affected by difficulty, and most of it is because enemies just don't have the same suite of tools your party does.

…but they do. Or at least they could. It’s a weird design choice, I think.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

Having the player and the enemies always follow the exact same rules always leads to a heap of design issues down the line.

They don’t have to follow the same rules, but it’s very weird to see normal enemies using a completely different hp scale than the characters.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

Is it? I feel like that's how it is in most video games.

I guess it feels weird since otherwise the enemies do seem to be on the same scale as the characters and often use the same/similar powers and weapons/armor.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

The Lone Badger posted:

It is specifically the Holy Roman Empire, but with every aspect exaggerated into parody.

Which is pretty hard to do since the HRE was pretty much self-parody.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

George Sex - REAL posted:

Jae on the other hand comes across as disingenuous and manipulative in an altogether very unsubtle way. Her story missions have also been one note and one of them perpetrated the terrible crime of adding stealth content into a game that wasn't made for it. Awful.

You’re not making me look forward to this run - I went into it just because I missed Jae in my first game.

Mechanics question - bolter stats look underwhelming. Is that just because soldier archetypes will have the talent giving extra area damage from demolition to compensate?

Any other stats give bonuses to ranged damage other than Pasqual’s specific bonuses (and I guess willpower for psi)? Does int give the extra area damage for non soldier archetypes?

ulmont fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Mar 2, 2024

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Aramoro posted:

The stats on the gun don't bare much relation to the damage it does. Importantly they have good RoF so do tons

Isn’t it like 3 or 4 only?

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Aramoro posted:

If you can navigate the dizzy array of Talents and items correctly you'll be able to double that. So my Nun typically fires 8 shots from her bolter doing ~50 damage each first round of combat. Sometimes the RoF is 7 not 8 but I'm not sure why.

Ahh ok. Yeah I was wondering as a general weapon for most of my crew rather than specifically for Argenta.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Janissary Hop posted:

I maxed out Navy, Mechanicus, and Kasballica on my last playthrough.

Navy is pretty much guaranteed since they don’t overlap with anyone else.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

habeasdorkus posted:

And there was no middle ground, either. You either had maxed rep or it was like you'd never done a thing for them.

This was annoying as hell.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

pentyne posted:

The "doppleganger" fight prior to the final boss was really nice in that it gave you a bunch of great endgame weapons if you did not already have them.

That one was a tough fight for me with some of the enemies just deleting my people.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Naramyth posted:

Nah. Your main route should be yellow or green. The random encounters take so long and give so little that it wind up not being worth your time.

Everything yellow except green between the colonies would be my recommendation. You only have so many points but you will want to pop between colonies easily.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Aramoro posted:

The writing is fine and there's some interesting events, that said when you get a colony event and you need to go 10 jumps to the rear end end of no where with just the same events on every single jump then it grates.

Yeah I ended up saving all my navigator points to cut new routes to Dargonus from the other colonies to save time on this part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Aramoro posted:

There's definitely inaccessible systems at that part of the game. I spent a bit just jumping back and forth on the same dangerous jump till I generated enough points. A cool game mechanic

Yeah I think I had to do the same. I wish they’d just let you always create a new deadly route for free.