Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Couple of things for the second post:

Confirmed for PC and consoles (though who knows if it’s coming to console at launch, probably unlikely)
System is based off the Fantasy Flight Games RPG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

SirFozzie posted:

No current plans to bring it to the console, but they're looking into it.

That’s not what Eurogamer said. Also, the official FAQ has a question saying “Will it be possible to preorder on Xbox/PS4?”, to which the answer is:

Owlcat posted:

Unfortunately, no. RT Founder’s Packs are intended strictly for the PC version, not consoles.

That presumes the existence of a console version. So it’s really a question of when it’s releasing, not whether it exists.

CottonWolf fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jun 3, 2022

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

pentyne posted:

Ideally humans can use some xeno or archeo tech to balance the odds. Or hopefully you can hire alien mercs.

I really hope we get one of those weird Ork psykers. I want to turn people into squigs.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Orks are the best.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Goddammit, all this 40K talk has finally tempted me to start reading the Horus Heresy books. The sheer number has always been too intimidating...

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Thanks for that. I guess I'll give the first Eisenhorn book a go instead then.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

If you want to get a good look at how they treat technology, play Mechanicus. It’s a good game and all the characters are tech-priests (or Nekrons).

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Presumably a companion or major NPC.

https://owlcat.games/news/72

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

EclecticTastes posted:

I'm more of a fan of the kind of character that humbles them with meticulously upkept spreadsheets, and who ensures anyone who doesn't properly fill out their timesheets and invoices finds their way out the nearest airlock. There's a certain level of excess at which point bureaucracy goes from dull to cool, and that's a vibe I enjoy. And nobody is too rich for coffee.

Isn't the Imperium fascist theocratic Space Britain? Tea is clearly the way to go.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5UMbPaqdO4

Big Owlcat interview.

Sanctioned and unsanctioned psyker companions.
At least one Xenos companion other than the Eldar (give me my Weirdboy, Owlcat!).
Character backgrounds are in; commisar, imperial navy and crime lord confirmed. Presumably they grant you extra skills.
Couple of seconds of footage of some Slanneshi daemons.
You are involved in the governing of/own planets. Some of the quests will involve managing them. Choosing what a Forge World produces was given as an example, focusing on illegal goods will be an option.
Big focus on choice and consequence. You will be able to make choices that can lead to companions trying to kill you, and have drastic impacts on the world.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

“I’m biggest Ork now. Err… Humie! I’m biggest Humie!”

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Perestroika posted:

Necrons: One of the oldest races in the galaxy, mostly owing to the fact they at some point in the far past they all uploaded their consciousnesses into artificial robot bodies. They had hibernated underground in Tomb Worlds for millions of years, but have recently started to awaken once more. The minds of most of them have significantly degenerated and the average Necron is little more than a murder automaton, but their higher noble class have held it together better and still have actual personalities. Most of them are bent on rebuilding their ancient empire (which usually involves eradication of all other species), but very rarely they end up cooperating with other species for a particular goal. They're also the source of a whole bunch of extremely weird and powerful artifacts scattered around the galaxy, which is the main way a Rogue Trader might end up coming in conflict with them.

Also, the green-glowing floating pyramid island in the trailer is definitely Necron tech of some sort, so they’re likely to be very important to the plot. (They have a neon green light and metal colour scheme and strong Egyptian theming.)

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Lassitude posted:

I am still hoping to one day see the Slaanesh's birth-scale implosion of the fandom that'd happen if female space marines were ever introduced. It'd be like the Star Wars black stormtrooper outrage times a million.

It should have been entirely possble to have had female primarch. They're all somehow modified clones of the emperor, who's male, so he has both an X and Y chromosome. So you can have reverse sex "clones" of men but repeating the X, but not women (because there's no Y reference in that case). What I'm saying is GW should absolutely do it. New all female space marine chapter with a female clone of the emperor primarch.

e: Go full troll and make her the strongest with the logic that the emperors Y chromosome was the weakest part of his genome.

CottonWolf fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Jun 24, 2022

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Warden posted:

Persistent legend goes that they came up with the name Angron from a bouncer at a local pub called Angry-Ron.

Knowing this makes the name Angron much better.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

pentyne posted:

I just fail to understand how they realized the problems in Kingmaker with the Auto mode possible causing a game ending state, and then managed to do the same with certain mythic paths for the Crusade mode. If anything, they should just left the battles only on auto-win and let you handle all the decision management choices.

We know they’re working on the crusade for either the EE or a future patch, so I wouldn’t be surprised if that option was added along with the rebalance.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I assume that the Sister of Battle and the zenos companions are going to be mutually exclusive.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I'm definitely going full blood and fire Imperium loyalist the first time though.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Blockhouse posted:

I'm glad romance is going to be a thing because it shows the game isn't going to be 100% grimdark bullshit

wonder which of them is going to be the runaway fan favorite like Wenduag

Don't rule out 100% grimdark romance.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Anno posted:

Went to look at the new Steam page to see if there was anything otherwise new, and man the content warning sure is something lol

Now that is a content warning.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

You could have an Inquisitor working with you in a mutually beneficial partnership, as long as they weren’t subordinating themselves to you. It would actually be an interesting dynamic, it’s rare that CRPG companions are equally as powerful as the PC.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Al-Saqr posted:

Not only were squats brought back they look really goddamn cool so I don’t see why they can’t make an appearance

They commented on that officially, I seem to remember. The gist was that they were brought back too late to get any kind of major inclusion in the game.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I hope he’s a Libracarian. That seems like the recipe for maximum drama in a Rogue Trader outfit, without actually imploding. (I think a Monodominant would just plain not work.)

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Not me. I’ve never touched the pre-release version of story based games, and I don’t need to start now. I’d much rather wait until it’s done.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Who wouldn’t, honestly?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

https://youtu.be/gULQBFNgvdA

At least we don’t have to worry about Owlcat failing to understand that the Imperium are also villains.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Given announcement trailer, they 100% will be.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Ork (or even Gretchin)Freebooter companion or bust.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

It’s 40K, the Emperor’s hosed everyone for at least 10000 years.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

As someone who’s held off on the beta, can you build your psykers as pure psykers, or are you forced to put points into their adept/leader stuff? Based on what I’ve read about Owlcat’s implementation, it seems like there’s not much in the way of synergy for the stats required for being a psyker and anything else.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Mortim has an excellent video on the changes to character creation. (And other things.)

https://youtu.be/r4K5HQibPHg?si=mw1okoxkqgFj_er-

I’m thinking a Forge World, Telepath Sanctioned Psyker, Operative/Adept to start.

CottonWolf fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Nov 3, 2023

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Grand Strategist sounds really interesting.

CommissarMega posted:

Haha, you're probably right! I certainly am going to start out as a Biomancer, and then branch off into Sanctic for *~*~roleplaying~*~* reasons.

I was thinking Telepath to Sanctic for the same reason. Start as a religiously indifferent forge worlder and just become increasingly certain they’ve been chosen by the Omnissiah over the course of the game.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Nephthys posted:

Wow, thanks this is super helpful.

From what I've seen about the companions they are something like this:

Argenta is a Ministorum Priest Marksman
Abelard is Naval Officer Warrior
Idira is a Divination Unsanctioned Psyker Operative
Heinrix is Biomancer Sanctioned Psyker Warrior
Jae Crime Lord Marksman
Cassia Unique Navigator Officer
Pasqal Unique Techpriest Operative
Yrliet Unique Eldar Operative

I've heard they haven't changed from the beta except for the name changes but obviously can't confirm, but it does seem odd to have 3 Operatives and only 1 Officer.

We know respecing will be in. I assume it’ll be limited to Archetypes, but I guess you’ll be able to, say, make Pasqal an Officer?

Having not played the game, this is what I’m thinking in terms of party. Does this seem reasonable?

MC Forge World Telepath Psyker Operative -> Grand Strategist
Cassia Officer -> Grand Strategist
Heinrix Warrior -> Assassin
Pasqal Officer -> Master Tactician
Abelard Warrior -> Vanguard
Argenta Marksman -> Hunter

I feel like mechanically, Void Born is far superior, but unfortunately Forge World fits the character concept better.

CottonWolf fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Nov 8, 2023

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Do psyker attacks auto-hit? Or is there a BS/WS hit roll too?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

JamMasterJim posted:

My head says ' wait at least till spring', my body needs it's crpg fix. Don't worry, I submit reports so stuff may be fixed 2 years down the road.

One playthrough now, one once they’re finished with the game. Best of both worlds.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I mean, it still does 50% damage on a miss. That seems right. If you hit someone with the stream of burning promethium directly, that would be more damaging.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

CommissarMega posted:

Anyway, two pieces of DLC have been confirmed:

No xenos yet by the looks of it, but what is there does certainly look good!

Sounds good to me. Do a loyalist playthrough at launch, and the a heretic playthrough in a year using a completely different set of companions with the new content.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

A lot of death cults fall to Khorne or Slaanesh.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Buschmaki posted:

The good guys, Chaos, are winning.

Grandpa will save us all.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Instead the Tyranids are the hero faction by dint on their only flaw being that they’re really hungry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I mean, the Horus Heresy series is GW’s biggest lore thing. Everything that happens in those books is canon.