Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I realise given development time they probably won't be in the base game, but they've announced that the squats (space dwarves) are coming back as a the Leagues of Votann and they've been drip-feeding that backstory, so I hope they give us an Ironkin party member down the line. A robodwarf pretending to be a meat-dwarf (because the AdMech/Imperium hates AI, although the actual Squats treat them as equal and valued members of their society).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Zephro posted:

It's fascist theocratic Space Rome / Mongolia / Ancient Greece / Scandinavia / Holy Roman Empire / Ancient Egypt / The Crusader States / Historical-or-Sci-Fi-or-Fantasy-Tropes In General depending on which exact bit of it is being written about. With a side order of Judge Dredd and Dune.

For instance Ciaphas Cain is basically Flashman in 40k

Only somehow the 40k Character is legitimately the more moral one.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

CottonWolf posted:

It should have been entirely possble to have had female primarch. They're all somehow modified clones of the emperor, who's male, so he has both an X and Y chromosome. So you can have reverse sex "clones" of men but repeating the X, but not women (because there's no Y reference in that case). What I'm saying is GW should absolutely do it. New all female space marine chapter with a female clone of the emperor primarch.

e: Go full troll and make her the strongest with the logic that the emperors Y chromosome was the weakest part of his genome.
gently caress , they could even do it in HH, they've said in lore both sides did all kind of slapdash experiments to make up the numbers during the HH, just say several people did it during the Heresy, but it was promptly buried because Big E said the Legiones Astartes were NO GIRLS ALLOWED. Then 10,000 years later:

'Archmagos, you can't make female Space Marines!'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv9vghU317I&t=14s

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Warmachine posted:

This is just Disco Elysium by way of 40k.

Raphael Ambrosius Costeau is a very 40k name...

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

IIRC Kurze & Night Lords had actually been on the verge of being censured and ordered to return to Terra due to their conduct, only for the Istvaan III atrocity to happen & the Imperium decided 'gently caress it, we need every Spess Muhreen we have, send them after Horus with 8 other legions'.

Of course they didn't know that the Night Lords & 4 other legions had also secretly pledged themselves to Horus at that time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Samovar posted:

Yeah, but where the hell did Roubert Gulliman come from, then?

I seem to remember seeing that he and his name were meant to be a take on Caribbean revolutionaries like Toussiant L'overture. But I've never seen anything else to corroborate if that's actually true (or even where I read the original assertion, so for all I know my brain just invented that idea whole clothe) and even if it was, they've moved quite far away from that.