Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Also squats are BACK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I just ask that they please let us respec companions skills or whatever. Owlcat always dumps a bunch of useless skills on your party members

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Would like to request a lighter shade of heresy pls

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Im hopin that this owlcat game will be less buggy, just because it seems less complex without all the pathfinder system poo poo, but thats probably wishful thinking

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

EclecticTastes posted:

I have some bad news for you about the complexity level of Rogue Trader.

Oh no

Are there really like a billion classes and subclasses like in wrath

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Ouch, the PC Gamer review is a 59/100. But you all are thinking they are way off the mark?

It looks like the person that wrote that article barely writes reviews. I think the only other review they wrote of a game this year was oxenfree II back in July.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Oh man, character creation screen...

Thinking about a pyro psyker, but I saw theres that veil tearing mechanic in the game when psyker powers get used. How limiting does that end up being in practice? Does using a staff also count towards that?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Aramoro posted:

In the Beta is had exactly zero impact, milage may vary

Hmm.. okay I'll just go for it then, thanks!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

She only loves war.

Probably

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Double Bill posted:

Has anyone else been soft-locked in combat? As in can't do any actions, move or even end turn. It's happened to me a few times now and it's getting annoying.

Yes, sometimes. I've found that it will eventually fix itself just by waiting a bit. I only do that if it happens pretty deep into a fight that I dont wanna have to repeat though.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Did the weapon skill "Cleave" used to be named "Slash"? Because there are talents that reference "slash" and when I try to google that skill, the description is the exact same thing as the current "cleave" description

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Is there any way to see if there is a status effect going on in a specific tile so I dont run my character into fire or whatever? Its not always obvious which tiles are affected

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Verisimilidude posted:

There are no logs, you weren't warned this would happen, there was no tutorial for this, it just is.

There is a combat log though? Unless you mean its not detailed enough. You can click on the individual events in the log to get slightly more details

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

My rogue trader has got dat Stink from the sewer lol

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Snooze Cruise posted:

anyway i just finished the inheritance quest and this game is good, some might even say, goat'd
thank you for the profit factor, mysterious heir

I gave it to the kid after sparing her dad.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Buschmaki posted:

How are ppl building warriors? I was thinking of having my warrior RT as a vanguard taunt bot and building Abelard as a chaff sweeper. I'd let most of my single target dammy be ranged

I did the pyro psyker melee warrior and its great fun

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I hope there will be a mod to let us import wenduag, I think she'd fit in nicely

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

Realizing that Yrliet is supposed to be able to use Wanderers Portent which would be a huge boost to her killing power in any given turn, but they've added a tag that Eldar cant use the eldar rifle that also requires her main trait, and that means nobody can use it.

Very odd.

Yeah, I just picked up her up expecting to be able to use this directly superior gun on her...

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Hmmm, apparently I missed the actual plasma gun in chapter one. Is there another one that I can find sometime soon and give to pasqal? I might just toybox one in for him if not

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Preechr posted:

That’s astropaths, who are pretty high up on the power scale. Heinrix was strong enough to be useful but not so strong that he was capable of being slotted in an advanced program like that; he was just a bog-standard imperial guard issue psyker. Considering he joined the inquisition, the sanctioning probably just seared his butthole shut.

Ah, so thats where the demons emerge from

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Nessus posted:

You can manage your colonies from the screen you get by pressing Y, can't you?

A lot of the events that occur after constructing an upgrade will make you travel to the planet to handle things "in person"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I keep telling myself that the next patch is the one where I'm finally gonna actually play the game and finish it. Next patch...