Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
I wonder how they're going to do inter-system transport given how hilariously wrong things could go in the rpg. Actually, I am wondering how big the map's gonna be in general, if there's going to be like handful of planets or dozens and if there's gonna be a colony-building system like the city and crusade stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
One time we directly translated into a warp storm without going through safety measures due to orks attacking. We were stuck inside it for months. And then when we got out, it was right into a hellish time loop situation.

This was all with the expanded warp travel rules, which have an entire book dedicated to them.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
The thing about ranged and melee is that past a certain point all notions of which is better fly out the window because everything comes down to "do you go first? If so, then win." once you have the right equipment, in the RT system. For instance, one of my players had an ork mek who was able to make a gun that wasted a Greater Demon of Khorne in a single round.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Sylphosaurus posted:

I see no problem with this whatsoever. Hell, it's pretty much on point for the life goal of an Ork Mek, if you ask me. :orks101:

It was his goal. The campaign ended soon after because he had nowhere else to go with it that I could reasonably run.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
About the warrant of trade discussion from a while back: most warrants of trade are not from the emperor. They're actually issued by the high lords of terra, the oligarchs in charge of the imperium, whenever they feel like it. Ones straight from the hands of the emperor are very rare in comparison.