Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Psycho Landlord posted:

Genuinely agree

Thirded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Ork merc party member please

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

one recruitable Ork, please

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

The Emperor was a Turk!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I dont know posted:

The perfect companion would be a Ork Kommando that has infiltrated the party using kunning trikz. The rest of the party just pretends not to notice since he's good in a fight.

qft

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

DaysBefore posted:

They're out there... and I will find them

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Buschmaki posted:

In the Old Republic you can romance Vette while having not freed her from slavery and keeping a shock collar on her at all times. It's very bad

that poo poo was nuts yeah

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

DaysBefore posted:

I'm getting a refund

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

pentyne posted:

they're having a paranoid freak out because the reviewer says he wishes it was a Bioware game instead, for the assumption it would be in a better state

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Sharkopath posted:

Oh yeah for people asking about Argenta being tough to use: Officer abilities make all things possible.

I also really recommend swift slaughter as it really improves the rate you can up her ballistic skill and crit chance mid fight.

:eyepop:

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Kind of disappointed at Argenta's bolter damage :( Level 8 atm so presumably better ones appear eventually

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Where can I go grind fights for naval rep? Im in Act 2 and have passed Footfall etc and feel outmatched vs more than 3 Cobras

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Dec 11, 2023

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

How are plasma weapons in this? Thinking to give Pasqal a rifle but damage looks kind of middling vs his needle rifle. The hit chance boost from the sniper weapons is pretty insane tbh

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Dec 11, 2023

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Snooze Cruise posted:

even on daring the injuries haven't really felt like they are screwing me over enough to make the trek back to the ship tho

Yeah I only do it when im hit with traumas, like those dumb electric arcs

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Preechr posted:

They’re pretty good. With the right talents you can overpenetrate quite a bit, you get an area attack, and in chapter 2 you can get a plasma gun that never overheats. They generally have decent magazine sizes but only fire one shot at a time.

Oh drat, mind sharing where that plasma is? Got a multimelta last night for Argenta so once I get her the proficiency I will try that while Pasqal uses plasma.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Sweet, now to find where that is :( Stumbled on Janus and the capital but not there despite wanting to go there first

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Warmachine posted:

Pasqal should get the same benefits from the melta weapons as the plasma weapons, the trade-off being range and overcharge. Melta users, like flamers, want to be up close and personal. And while I know Pasqal starts off heavily implying you should take advantage of that axe, I find him much more compelling as ranged support chucking plasma shots down range. Honestly if Pasqal's archtype options had included Arch Militant, he'd be a shoein for your melee/ranged swapper going between hitting with his axe and then giving them a meltagun sun tan.

That said, does overheating actually do anything? It doesn't seem to prevent me from using the weapon or make the weapon instantly blow up/hurt Pasqal, but I could also just be lucky. And semi-related, does anyone know if Plasma Cannons are implemented/findable? The multi-melta is cool, but I'd really love to give Pasqal the be-all-end-all in plasma based fire support.

I hear overheat is bugged atm and does nothing, which makes me wonder if fixed Plasma (aside from the one mentioned) will be worth using with its meager damage :/

With enemy hp levels later, a lot of guns feel very meh. Jaes pistols for instance she cant hit poo poo with

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Dec 11, 2023

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Is there anyplace to grind naval rep? Into Act 2 now and still at zero. Havent seen void trophies of any sort drop. Fought pirates, chaos destroyers, and Eldar now

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Ohhhh ok ty, I prob have some then but didnt realize

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Tyranids are cringe!!!!!!!!!!!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I gave it to the kid after sparing her dad.

Did the same after game kept soft freezing on one guys turn if you opt to let the servitor kill then

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Starport sniper is def bs. 37 in a shot on normal difficult, c'mon...

Reloaded fight, counter sniped em and was good tho

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Dec 11, 2023

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

sebmojo posted:

I really regret picking operative because I have two already and it's terribly fiddly, but I can't be arsed doing act 1 again

I wish Operative could branch into the militant class like Soldier. Pasqal going into that would rule.

Multimelta is pretty sweet. Short ranged, but using Concentrated Fire then its AoE scorch is loving nasty. Rate of fire sucks tho. And Plasma def works decently.

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Dec 12, 2023

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Tricky posted:

I think the single best thing I got for Argenta was a necklace from an early event that makes her single-shot bolter attacks always hit. No dodging, no cover, no tricks allowed. I still just have her rocking a vanilla bolter in late Act 2 and once she gets 4 stacks of versatility and confident approach on she is just blowing poo poo away left and right. It makes the bolter a longlas that also does burst fire for crowd control.

I get a lower visible hit chance despite that, does the trinket override the dice roll

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Just sorted Janus, I will grab that for her too. That and Multi Melta should be a dece midgame pair.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Anyone know where I can find a Hotshot lasgun? Hearing they are good

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

SirFozzie posted:

So, I did a little youtube searching to see what the bosses are like.

The Act 4 boss, Doomscream on Unfair has THREE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED SIXTY FOUR WOUNDS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx1AdZY9hd0

Good lord lol. Im level 23 and think I only broke triple digit damage a half dozen times. Does gear scale wildly or is it just crazy buff stacking for Pasqal?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

patch is out

Reading it broke saves and displays "DLC Required" lol

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Did anyone find the secret companions? I dont want to know who they are or where to get them, im just wondering if the community found them yet.

Read a list of em today - good bit more than I expected tbh. Some are alignment-locked tho

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Did they fix the soft freeze when Slaaneshi daemons attack you in your quarters during warp travel?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

t3isukone posted:

Well, after dealing with the worst bug so far being Argenta falling off the map, I now got locked from story progression. Feels like that's a rite of passage. (I think? We're supposed to go to the Anatomical Opera, except the bouncer wrack won't let me in, I can't go to the Arena either, and I don't know what to do.)

Also there was some weird dialogue with Yrliet and the Harlequin but I don't know if that was them being bugged or my character being high as balls when she first met the Harlequin guy so she doesn't remember him or what Harlequins are/Yrliet being in a very bad place and thus super grateful that my character forgave her after making her hurt herself to prove that she was sorry.

Kill the Wrack and try?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

DMV quest bugged, Argentas Astray quest bugged, as did an early Act IV quest :(
Does Toybox allow us to view ingame scripts etc to try and see whats going on to help determine script breaks?

And wtf was with the Act III final boss mechanically? Full healed like three times, seemed to have a Phase Switch at 50% hp, and sometimes would instantly take a full turn when a damage threshold hit? Even with Argentas DPS ol Abelard, Pasqal, and Yrilet were on the ropes

Also Space Marine sucks. His power armor stinks!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Just a heads up for folks, store inventories expand a bunch in Act IV as do colony build options. A plasma I got early during an event in Act IV has loving 30-40 listed damage :eyepop:

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Snooze Cruise posted:

OK nerd, how about you join the Adeptus Mechanicus if you love data so much!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Yeah I had to google the bridge rotation bit :(

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

So do you all think Officer nerfs are afoot? A cooldown on Bring it Down seems likely imo

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Eediot Jedi posted:

Welp found a power sword which, when you parry an enemies attack, you attack back. It works on their attacks of opportunity too.

It's great watching Abelard nonchalantly charge past a group of enemies to his target, and they all fall down behind him like it's a samurai movie.

Yeah even though hes not the most powerful lategame, him parry dueling with stuff is always a hoot

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Jack Trades posted:

Grand Strategist zones can't be rotated because their rotation depends on their position relative to your character. If you want to place them very specifically you have to move your Grand Strategist.

Is the class worth the trouble? I seldom use its abilities since its so clunky

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Grenades are quite decent tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Buschmaki posted:

Please tell me if there's something I can do cause I heard it's requires For the secret heretic ending

Which is that, the ship diagnostic servitor stuff?