Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Pattonesque posted:

incredible

I toyboxed myself like 200 nav insight so I don't know that it's that but that's super funny

I've had this problem after fighting dark eldar. They kick off the fight with their ability lockdown power, and it seems like the enforced cooldown period from that extends beyond the end of the fight. It's incredibly irritating, but at least it's the only major bug I've encountered so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Mad Wack posted:

not a 40k buff but my understanding is dark elf armor literally involves flaying and putting hooks into your skin so you can be in pain at all times so i get why it might not be possible to make humans proficient in it

In the last 40,000 years, the Dark Eldar have dominated the webway, which it has united into one starzone, Commoragh. The Dark Eldar have origins from the Fall of the Eldar in which 10 of the craftworlds revolted against each rules. All craftworlds except for the fourth swore freedom upon their citizens. There is no free speech in Commoragh, and all self-controlled transportation has been made illegal without undergoing painful medical verification methods, in which arteries are severed without pain resistant, operated entirely by machines. The way they work claim to be the most hygenic and healthy way possible, but these machines often rub against pain points, causing great deals of pain to patients. The heart is then extracted from the body and placed into a glass grinding machine. Various energy centers are also dissected and replaced with dangerous transplants. After the painful, 52 hour surgical procedure, patients will then have to use a fused guidance tool, which pumps painful resistors into the body every 2 hours. The pain they have caused is so bad, the victim would freeze in a tense position. They would then collapse afterwa

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

pentyne posted:

This game is hopefully more of a proof of concept, to convince GW to license other ttrpgs to them. Creating the whole system from scratch was a massive labor, now that they have the system in place any and all Warhammer D10 games can be made, including fantasy ones.

Judging by the quality of many other licensed 40K games, GW doesn't take that much convincing

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Just hit Act 4. Are there no colony projects past tier III? I built just about everything I possibly could at each colony back in Act 2 and was expecting some new projects to unlock in Act 4 since the merchants' stocks also change at that point.

Seems like Ulfar's charge basically never works due to his size and there always being something in between him and his target. I was looking forward to having him in my party, but as a lot of folks have already pointed out, he's kinda...bad. Nothing to set him apart from Argenta save for his severely limited gear options and his goofy voice that makes him sound like Swedish Dracula.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

I'm only up to Act 4 but I can count on one hand the number of times I've used a medkit or Heinrix's heal ability. I took Pasqal's healing mechadentrite ability thinking he'd double as the squad medic, but I've quite literally never used it. As someone said earlier, the combat is so binary that I'll either wipe the floor with the enemies and take very little damage, or I'll get stomped to the point where party members are dropping dead before they or the medic can get a heal in. The quantity of enemies you face only exacerbates this problem, lengthening the amount of time before you can use the injured character or your medic again.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Preechr posted:

All elves are idiots and I appreciate that the game recognizes this.

Confirmed when you're talking to an Eldar who says something like "Drukhari found our ship and said they'd help us but they enslaved and tortured us instead!" and it's like yeah, no poo poo dude, maybe it was a bad idea to trust the guys who dress like vampire cenobites and love enslaving and torturing people.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

habeasdorkus posted:

Skaven are the best Fantasy Warhams factions, so it's understandable why they're too cool to make the transition to 40k.

I remember getting excited when I learned there's something called ratlings in 40K, thinking there was a skaven analog. Sadly they're 40K's version of halflings.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Taear posted:

For me my main Ulfar issue was if I used his charge he'd just gently caress off into a random corner of the map. He did this LOADS

This happened to me when I was in one of the final areas of Commoragh, except that time he charged off to some random corner of the map and triggered a cutscenes, so the fight I was in suddenly ended and I had to wait while all my other characters trudged over to where the cutscene was playing.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Can you still get Yrliet as a party member if you blap the Eldar on Janus instead of allying with them?

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

FuzzySlippers posted:

Act 3 has the same problem as Act 4 in Wrath: it’s too drat long. It could be a change of pace to shake up the game’s usual formula, but it just goes on too long and is too linear. It isn’t as much as a pace killer as Wrath because the story isn’t really building towards anything when it happens, but it still isn’t good and will be similarly tedious in replays

I remember getting to Act 4 in Wrath and the game telling you that you need to do some high-profile stuff to gain the attention of the higher-ups. It suggests several routes and I thought "Oh okay, these seem geared toward different playstyles, I'm supposed to pick one path that suits my character and that's how I'll make my name" and the game is like "haha nope you're doing ALL OF THEM, now start spinning that camera because you're gonna be here for a while." I enjoyed the narrative of Act 4 but it really did feel like the larger story almost ground to a halt.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Arglebargle III posted:

you get turned into a mutated flesh blob

And this is different from my current life how?

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

pentyne posted:

Wasn't there something else GW came in and stomped on midway through production? They seemed to not care about a ton of stuff, and then suddenly, their company rep told Owlcat to cut/remove something that was worked on for months.

The ability to shift your companions' alignments, maybe?

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Finally beat this game. Some thoughts from my heretic run:

I played as a melee pyromancer warrior + arch militant and good god, what a death machine he turned out to be. Critting on every hit combined with the axe that increases your crit damage with every hit meant my single blows were landing for ~500 damage. Combat was basically over as soon as my character got to go. The only thing that could kill me was, appropriately, myself after I got the special heretic plot sword that raises veil degradation with every hit. Too many times did I end up blapping myself and farting out a demon.

The secret heretic companion is worthless. All the drawbacks of Ulfar with the added bonuses of having shittier stats, being unable to change any of his equipment, and having zero dialogue/reactivity. His ability to summon random demons sounds cool and would've been great to have much earlier in the game, but by the time you get the companion you've long since passed the point where having some lovely low-level demon on your side is useful. I also managed to get what I thought was the iconoclast-only companion, who I never used and also didn't have any dialogue.

I expected a little more reactivity from your companions based on your alignment choices. True, a few of them decide to leave if you go full heretic, but the ones who hang around don't seem to bring up the fact that you're literally palling around with the forces of Chaos and your bridge looks like it was decorated by the inhabitants of the hell dimension from Event Horizon.

There's a certain point where you can devote yourself fully to Chaos and somehow this doesn't automatically raise your heretic alignment to rank 5, which seems a little bonkers. Despite changes since release, getting to rank 5 still seems to require making near-perfect choices at every opportunity. I ended up cheating my way there when it became clear I'd missed a few things here and there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

The biggest draw of going heretic is being able to skip the warp fights. I mean, it's also a pretty well done path in general, but skipping those fights...