Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

my general dislike of CRPGs is gonna be tested hard if this is any good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I only just finished the prologue and am struggling a lot with the first two fights on the first place I landed, Rykad Minoris. Should I have gone elsewhere to start, possibly? I'm broadly unfamiliar with CRPG gameplay and am overwhelmed by all the stats and skills and whatnot; if anyone has any tips to ease the mental load I'd sure appreciate it!

(e) I'm on Normal fwiw; I know I could lower it to Story or whatever but I'd rather learn how to engage with the game, y'know?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Guess I ought to have realized the Navigator would be a party member - I figured I'd give it a pass because it's not like I needed to warp out of the system yet and navigators just do their own thing on the ship in the lore, I'd thought :eng99:

Speaking of Argenta, is it normal for the hit percents on burst fire to just be total rear end? The first time I tried the first fight I positioned her to have 4 enemies in the line of fire; none were higher than 35%, every shot missed, and she got her rear end knocked flat out before any of the rest of my party got a turn at all. (Ditto the next go-round when Adelbard had the first turn; attacking one then charging another got him pulped right through Endure and everything else)

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Dec 19, 2023