Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
I don’t love the Starlight/Midnight colorways, tbh

Would rather have iMac colors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Ok Comboomer posted:

I don’t love the Starlight/Midnight colorways, tbh

Would rather have iMac colors

Yeah, I was hoping they would do iMac colors too, even though I'm set on my M1 MBP 14 for awhile

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
RAM info plz

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
I love the midnight color, but I hate the MagSafe. Is it safe to assume the USB-C ports can also be used to charge the thing or no?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This ad playing now looks like something out of the 90s haha

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

OldSenileGuy posted:

I love the midnight color, but I hate the MagSafe. Is it safe to assume the USB-C ports can also be used to charge the thing or no?

Yes.

Why do you hate magsafe tho? The new Magsafe is excellent, way better than the old one

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
No purp no buy

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

https://twitter.com/MKBHD/status/1533873240866623488

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Ok Comboomer posted:

Yes.

Why do you hate magsafe tho? The new Magsafe is excellent, way better than the old one

If it’s better, then great. But I had nothing but problems with the old MagSafe, so seeing it come back brought a pit of anxiety to my stomach.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
Go Team Ventura!

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are going to take another stab at Touchbar?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

+200 on the Air for M2 ahahahahahahahah get the gently caress out of here

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
C'mon MacOS Weed.

edit: gently caress.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
macOS Long Beach when

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

MacOS Ace Ventura

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MacOS Bakersfield

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
I’m looking forward to MacOS Solvang. :colbert:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

MacOS Fresno

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MacOS Ohio

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Kirios posted:

MacOS Fresno

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
macOS (list of cities mentioned in California Love)

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
iPadOS 16 better be the bomb for dragging it out to the end.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

macOS Salton

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Combat Pretzel posted:

iPadOS 16 better be the bomb for dragging it out to the end.

They're going to forget iPadOS exists and just not mention it

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Does no one else still use spaces? I love them. 4 finger swipe between everything.

Secht
Oct 5, 2012
I guess this is the same multi-tasker coming to iPad?

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
This is Mission Control/Spaces, just more obtrusive.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Stage Manager feels very meh. It doesn't seem super useful for how much presence they're giving it.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

computer, show me horse photos

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
This at least looks pretty cool, like honestly exactly what I would like for audio editing, but they and microsoft have tried so many screen real estate things over the past 10 years and they never work like advertised.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I don't want a Spotlight search bar on my iPhone give me another row of icons dammit.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CBD Corndog posted:

computer, show me horse goatse photos

FTFY

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

CaptainCrunch posted:

Does no one else still use spaces? I love them. 4 finger swipe between everything.

It's pretty much why I still use macOS for audio stuff.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

CaptainCrunch posted:

I space it up like a motherfucker, to the point where I have remote sessions open in a space which have their own spaces and man that can get a little confusing at times when I forget which computer I'm on.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
They’re referring to the display on the new air as a ‘Liquid Retina display’ does that mean it’s OLED? Isn’t Liquid Retina the name they started using when iPhones switched to OLED screens?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
They’re showing No Man’s Sky on a Mac for some reason

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

The Lord Bude posted:

They’re referring to the display on the new air as a ‘Liquid Retina display’ does that mean it’s OLED? Isn’t Liquid Retina the name they started using when iPhones switched to OLED screens?

No, they use it for LCDs; you're probably thinking of the Super Retina and XDR displays.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
"Run the most demanding games with ease". What most demanding games are there on MacOS, anyway.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
LMAO no man’s sky and RE8

What else you got