Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
They’re referring to the display on the new air as a ‘Liquid Retina display’ does that mean it’s OLED? Isn’t Liquid Retina the name they started using when iPhones switched to OLED screens?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
A $200 price increase is very reasonable when you consider the changes to the economics of making a computer over the past few years (which are only getting worse). Fuel prices have skyrocketed, there are massive shortages of everything. The biggest surprise is they waited till now to do it. I can tell you right now that prices in the pc space have risen far, far more sharply to the point where one of the factors in me buying a Mac Studio when it came out is that it was actually good value compared to building another gaming PC (where GPU prices alone had tripled in the 4 years since I’d built my previous PC).

Go take a look at what you can actually buy in the windows laptop space for the same price as an M1 air - it’s absolute poo poo by comparison.