Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

ShoogaSlim posted:

i'll gladly Apple Pay you Later for a hamburger today

So glad there are people old enough on these forums to get that reference, or at least knowledgable enough of pop culture history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
The new CarPlay must have been developed for the AppleCar they've been working on for like a decade.

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
The MacBook Air got rid of the wedge shape, woot! Always hated that.

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
New gaming initiatives for the Mac up now...

Since Apple has often treated Mac gaming like something they'd find on the bottom of their shoes, let's hope they truly do support it and its developers well.

Time will tell.

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Data Graham posted:

Hahahahhaa what the fuuuuuuuuck was that Craig transition

Laughed out loud at that. Even ran his fingers through his hair. Hilarious.

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
No new Mac Pro announced. drat you Apple!

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Jose Oquendo posted:

No no this year we're SERIOUS about gaming.

Yeah, I expected a lot more. Very disappointed with what they showed.

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Jose Oquendo posted:

I think it's manufacturing constraints impacting a lot of this. They could easily do silent refreshes on a lot of their products, just using the M2 instead but it's those constraints. I work in an enterprise environment and we buy right from Apple. Even just a base model of an iPad or MBA has a ship time of several weeks. Any CTO models can take months.

Yep, that makes sense.

Might also be because they want to introduce the new Mac Pro in its own event, or at least one where the focus is hardware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Data Graham posted:

My vote for "coolest but most useless gimmick feature" from the event was that "camera view of your keyboard" thing.

Like .... what the gently caress, a whole team got paid for half a year to develop that

It'll make sports card breaks easy to do, where breakers open packs of cards in a livestream that people pay to get a spot in.

That hobby exploded during the first two years of the pandemic and the money involved in it was insane.