Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Disappointing Pie posted:

Does it seem like we don’t know too much about this wwdc? I know we have vague ideas about iPad stuff but it seems like the usual leakers are a lot more vague on what they know this year.

Apple has few unknowns in their hardware lineup so i'm just expecting some sad android feature clone sold as revolutionary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Rageaholic posted:

Finally, weather on the lock screen. I know Android has had that forever, but not iOS!

I never understood the love for lock screen weather, do you people live underground? Just look at a window for crying out loud.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Focus based item blocking is good but it will make people miss a shitton of messages and appointments

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Rageaholic posted:

Editing/unsending sent messages :stare:

Welcome to telegram circa 2020.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
I'm quite pissed off at Apple deprecating iPads as HomeKit bridge in iOS/iPadOS 16, I have no use for AppleTV or HomePod so I will have to move the automations back to the native smart home apps.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Data Graham posted:

My vote for "coolest but most useless gimmick feature" from the event was that "camera view of your keyboard" thing.

Like .... what the gently caress, a whole team got paid for half a year to develop that

That feature is already fully developed on teams, where it's called content camera.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/rooms/content-camera

It's mostly used for education scenarios (main camera aimed at teacher, content camera aimed at whiteboard).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Inept posted:

The phones sitting in drawers aren't getting iOS 16 though

IOS16 also doesn't guarantee continuity camera, it's XR/XS or newer only.