Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

teagone posted:

Why do I have an iPhone SE then?

:colbert:

I’m sorry about your small hands, but Apple believes technology should be accessible to everyone.

I appreciate Apple trying to make widgets useful for more than a handful of people, I love the dictation changes, and I hope Stage Manager isn’t as clunky as it looked in the demo but the rest of iOS/IPad stuff looks like gimmicks for edge use cases and/or Apple being two years late to the pandemic party and still trying to make up for lost opportunities in 2020. That or Apple people are far more social and take more group trips than anyone I care to associate with.

The MacBook Air looks great and all, but the M2(hundred more bucks. gently caress you, pay me) seems like a trap if the rumors about M3 pan out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

teagone posted:

I can palm a basketball! And if Apple believes technology should be accessible to everyone, they should make a cheapo M1 plastic MacBook for us poors.

That’s the key, I’m not sure Apple considers poors people.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

Gay Retard posted:

Pretty disappointed in the lack of Apple Music updates (did I miss it?), but definitely excited for...

-Lockscreen widgets!
-Better Carplay
-iMessage updates
-Homekit

That’s the other thing I don’t understand, why show a CarPlay demo that for most of us is probably what, a decade+ out? CarPlay debuted in 2014 and it’s just now getting to the point where it’s standardized equipment, except for the Muskmobiles. This is orders of magnitude bigger, there’s no way this is getting rolled out in a reasonable timeframe, unless they already have some sort of embargoed deal with BMW to offer it as a $120 a month subscription option in a couple years. Maybe it was just to keep all of the car people from resigning?

Astro7x posted:

$200 more.

That’s what the 2 in M2 stands for.