Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I hope there is a special bubble that shows a text message has been marked unread...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Automatic photo sharing? No thanks to that

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
When are they going to get to the MacPro factory

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
If I could get a M2 Mini without like 8 GB of Ram, that would be great

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Anton Chigurh posted:

No new Mac Pro announced. drat you Apple!

I mean... just give me a predictable upgrade cycle.

I'll be curious to see if they cycle through the same products with M2 as they did with M1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

GoatSeeGuy posted:

The MacBook Air looks great and all, but the M2(hundred more bucks. gently caress you, pay me) seems like a trap if the rumors about M3 pan out.

$200 more.

These look to be all the features you get with M2 on a Macbook Air

-M2 Upgrade which is 20% Faster?
-10 vs 7 core GPU
-1080p vs 720p camera
-4 Speaker Spatial Audio system vs 2 Speaker Stereo
-13.6” Liquid Retina display vs. 13.3” Retina display
-Media Engine w/ hardware acceleration for ProRes, H264, etc. (this is missing in the Mac Comparison tool, does the old M1 not have this?)
-New design w/ a noth
-Configurable up to 24GB of RAM
-Headphone jack with advanced support for high-impedance headphones
-Fast-charge capable with available 67W USB-C Power Adapter

Basically... that's a lot of stuff the average person probably doesn't need. I find it fascinating that they are still selling and supporting base M1 Macs though for a $200 up sell. Wouldn't it be easier to release all the base M2 machines at once and then just discontinue the base M1? It seems like they've abandoned the M1 MacBook Pro, and I assume they'll do the same to the M1 Mini. Maybe they felt like this was enough new features to justify two tiers of Macbook Air