Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baka of lathspell

the devil conspiracy. while full of memorable moments this movie about a biotech company trying to clone jesus from the shroud of turin in order for satan to have a host body was ultimately hampered by bad satan dialogue. he swears like some drunken sailor youd find on a wharf somewhere but more like an angry edgy teenager at one point saying gently caress you dad to god. otherwise this movie was an enjoyable romp but not for the faint of heart stuff like people trying to stop themselves from satan making them drink bleach. at the end of this the priest says youre an idiot if you dont believe in god after this poo poo. i give this movie 31/2 flaming archangel swords

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka of lathspell

the ward, associated with john carpenter, was basically shutter island plus the word yo and this sentence so you dont assume right away from two spoilered words that decided to throw in psych ward slice of life and schizploitation elements. none of the characters are that likeable except one who smokes a cigarette. However i will watch any bad horror movie with elements like these. we should know by now to avoid movies under the carpants umbrella if we dont wish to experience graphic violence and abuse both explicit and implied. overall this movie was less self sabotaging than the previous movie i watched, maybe more artistically redeemable, but its not exactly like watching kubrick. i would four star this if youre schizophrenic, 2 to 21/5stars if youre not

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

itry

Philippe posted:

Saw X. It was a Saw movie I guess

I saw xXx :grin:

Finger Prince

Saw x

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NklYQOAyE3s

marphels

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

111223 posted:

marphels

:frogleave:

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
The Wall. It's a foreign film but 95% of it is in English. It's on Prime Video.

It's set in the mountains of Austria and it's mostly shot outdoors. If ur like me and u love a flick w/ sweeping vistas, this suspense/survival drama is for u.

11 bags of popcorn isn't a rating i give lightly. Get high and watch this film byob. I absolutely loved it

:kiss:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
I tried to watch The Big Lebowski but my attention span couldn't handle more than 20 minutes of dialogue last night, so maybe tonight...

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Drink-Mix Man

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Last night was "Yokai Monsters: 100 Monsters," in which bad guys are haunted by hallucinatory spirit muppets in feudal Japan

Ass-penny

I took some :lsd: on Saturday and watched Life After Beth and it was real weird but good. I should watch it more sober and see if it was really as weird as it seemed.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Finger Prince

Barbie - pretty excellent, but I found it (deliberately?) ironic how in the Barbie movie, Ken still managed to make it about him.

Mission Impossible whichever is the latest, part 1 - cool AI plot, the usual business, best car chase I've seen in ages, just an all around great action flick.

Areola Grande

The silencing. I don't have kids so just like my reaction to all the Taken films, no thanks. Four thumbs down

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

AdvilSmith

Broken! Busted! Everybody has something to repair. Before buying new, let Mighty Putty fix it for you.
The Santa Clause with Tim Allen. My brother and I watched it all the time when we were kids and loved it. It's super corny and not really very good, but I still ended up enjoying it and actually had some legit laugh moments. I like the Idea that Santa's job gets passed the way it does.
Haven't watched any of the sequels and I never will. No thanks.

thank you RavenousScoot 🤘🐹

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

killers of the flower moon

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

Areola Grande

Naked Lunch :byodood:

Areola Grande

watho posted:

killers of the flower moon

I recall loving this. Ed Norton?

AdvilSmith

Broken! Busted! Everybody has something to repair. Before buying new, let Mighty Putty fix it for you.
Watched Zombeavers earlier while they doing breadboard stuff in my basement. It's a ridiculous movie in a good way.

thank you RavenousScoot 🤘🐹

Iambic Pentameter

Battleship Potemkin, some scenes dragged for a bit but it's really interesting to watch a piece of cinematic history that changed film editing, and a lot of the shots are still fantastic even by today's standards

Also a favorite movie of Orson Welles and Stanley Kubrick apparently

Areola Grande

Naked Lunch. it was beyond bizarre. should have read book first :gonk:

baka of lathspell

Areola Grande posted:

Naked Lunch. it was beyond bizarre. should have read book first :gonk:

the Book is crazy and the movie does a good job of not being about the same things exactly while being about the same things essentially

E: lol you posted twice and i thought about posting the first time but forgot to

baka of lathspell fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Dec 16, 2023

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Helluva

Woodlands was pretty decent. I find folk horror pretty chilly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT3S-bJ_dOI

Quadramind

You might like Enys Men, then. I liked it a lot, but can definitely tell it's not for everyone.

Helluva

Quadramind posted:

You might like Enys Men, then. I liked it a lot, but can definitely tell it's not for everyone.

Added to my watchlist. It kind of reminds me of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRRvzjkzu2U

Mederlock

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Well my wife and I went to watch The Boy and The Heron from Ghibli at the local theatre yesterday and it was pretty cool!! Some people are saying it's Miyazaki's best, personally I don't think I agree with that but it's definitely top five-ish. The inspirations from Japanese folklore is pretty neat.

Iambic Pentameter

Mederlock posted:

Well my wife and I went to watch The Boy and The Heron from Ghibli at the local theatre yesterday and it was pretty cool!! Some people are saying it's Miyazaki's best, personally I don't think I agree with that but it's definitely top five-ish. The inspirations from Japanese folklore is pretty neat.

i haven't seen every ghibli but i'd say it's the second best i've seen with spirited away being the first, really loved it

i'm also glad they barely revealed any info about the movie since going in with 0 expectations made it way better

Mederlock

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it

Iambic Pentameter posted:

i haven't seen every ghibli but i'd say it's the second best i've seen with spirited away being the first, really loved it

i'm also glad they barely revealed any info about the movie since going in with 0 expectations made it way better

Nausicaä, spirited away, Princess Mononoke, and Howls Moving castle are probably all slightly ahead of it for me personally. I think it was just slightly too disjointed and the ending came on waaay too fast for my tastes.

beer pal

heat

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

Quadramind

Great choice

Helluva

the star chamber

watho

godzilla minus one

baka of lathspell

Helluva posted:

the star chamber

finally they did it. they put a drat star in a room

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Helluva

baka fwocka fwame posted:

finally they did it. they put a drat star in a room

They put the stars in a snubnose thirty-eight's cylinder chamber. They were shooting stars.

Leraika

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
muppet christmas carol

watho

Leraika posted:

muppet christmas carol

:hellyeah:

Drink-Mix Man

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Lady Snowblood

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
klaus

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Helluva

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Lady Snowblood

Pinky violence!

Iambic Pentameter

Godzilla Minus One

The old movies were guilty pleasures for me in high school but this one you genuinely care about the characters and wanna see them pull through, really loved it

Also they didn't play any music during certain scenes which made them more gripping and made it hit even harder when the classic theme kicked in

watho

while i agree fully with your take on minus one, i strongly resent calling the old godzilla movies "guilty pleasures"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho

heat