Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philippe

(she/her)

watho posted:

if it's the pulse i'm thinking of you should definitely watch the japanese original, genuinely one of the best horror films i've seen. also part of a thematic pair of the film i watched last night which is like almost funny, i guess

That one is also on the list!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Finger Prince posted:

Jailer.
Some weird bollywood Taken that was not really what I expected from the trailer. It was kind of dumb.

I've given up on Bollywood unless u know a good one that's not a song and dance number

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Quadramind

Singham rules, but I admit to really liking the cheesy music

nut

the djinn

baka of lathspell

Quadramind posted:

I love Gus Van Sant. My favorite movie is Gerry.

Ah whoops. But Gerry was really good.

watho posted:

suicide club

loved this

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

yeah i've seen it once before and it's never really left my mind since. deeply unpleasant and also pretty funny, the musical sequence that comes more or less out of nowhere is one of my favorite movie moments. sion sono has made a few masterpieces and i truly wish he would die

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

Finger Prince

Areola Grande posted:

I've given up on Bollywood unless u know a good one that's not a song and dance number

This one isn't, though it does have the one I think legally required dance number, which feels completely shoehorned in. The trailer makes it seem like it's action-comedy, but it's really just a violent morality play, with a lot of cultural subtext that is mostly lost on me, though I get the gist, in the sort of way that an Indian person watching, I dunno, Rambo: Last Blood would glean cultural subtext about America.

beer pal

talk to me

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

Areola Grande

beer pal posted:

talk to me

how u holding up bud :allears:

Machai

Dune.

Which version, you ask?

The answer, is yes.

xcheopis

A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night.
Just amazing.

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Nowhere (2023) on Netflix - Kind of impressive as a lost at sea survival story. The lead actress was very good. Hints of dystopian world building, but that's not really the focus. Content warning if you're squeamish about birth. I do have to call bullshit on the snickers bar. No one is going to save that for later when they're starving enough to eat their own placenta. "Snickers: worse than your own medical waste!"

Finger Prince

Operation Fortune: Ruse de Guerre

Guy Ritchie action flick starting Jason Statham? gently caress yeah. Also starring Aubrey Plaza and Hugh Grant? gently caress yeaher.
Hugh Grant plays such a great sleazy bad guy.

Highly recommend.

DoomCroissant

Roll D3 for Delicious Flaky Crust

Machai posted:

Dune.

Which version, you ask?

The answer, is yes.

people sleep on the sci-fi original series

was the budget stupid low? yes

was it a well-acted and faithful adaption of the book? for the most part

i like it

Wertjoe

I've been watching random horrible movies on youtube. Last night was Maximum Conviction with Steven Seagal and Stone Cold Steve Austin.

It was so boring.

nut

watched the whole hell house trilogy. there's a new origins one coming out this month 2

watho

how to blow up a pipeline

Areola Grande

watho posted:

how to blow up a pipeline

what's, like ur opinion, man

Areola Grande

watho

Areola Grande posted:

what's, like ur opinion, man

a genuine masterpiece

Finger Prince

Doors. Some high concept, low budget scifi suspense nonsense. It doesn't really go anywhere and stops before it gets started.
It seems like something dreamed up by a writer during covid lockdowns as a way to process the whole thing, which is probably exactly what it was. Anyway it wasn't great.

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Dragonwyck (1946) with Vincent Price. Good name for a speed metal band. I always used to think that gothic horror was boring because aside from the occasional ghost of the previous wife or the inevitable house fire at the end, it wasn't actually scary. Now I realize that the setting itself is the horror, and every day of every character's life is a waking nightmare of repression, toxicity, grief, and very silly clothes that can only be escaped in the merciful embrace of death.

Also, people use the word Kermis a lot in this movie. I think Kermis was Dragonwyck's debut album.

Finger Prince

Buttchocks posted:

Dragonwyck (1946) with Vincent Price. Good name for a speed metal band. I always used to think that gothic horror was boring because aside from the occasional ghost of the previous wife or the inevitable house fire at the end, it wasn't actually scary. Now I realize that the setting itself is the horror, and every day of every character's life is a waking nightmare of repression, toxicity, grief, and very silly clothes that can only be escaped in the merciful embrace of death.

Also, people use the word Kermis a lot in this movie. I think Kermis was Dragonwyck's debut album.

Prog metal.
Kermis is also the 3rd track of the selfsame titled album. It is a 14 minute long instrumental and is subdivided into sections titled repression|toxicity|grief|very silly clothes|merciful embrace of death.
The 4th movement is a manic polyrhythmic guitar and drum solo in 5/8, 10/7, and 17/11 time signatures.

Leraika

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
clue again.

still good.

watho

V/H/S/85

watho

in the mouth of madness

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Matchstick Men

Nic Cage is a great actor

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

Finger Prince

It was a couple of nights ago, but I watched Asteroid City, which was magical and perfect. I loved every bit of it.

Then I watched the new Indiana Jones movie, which was kind of like going to see Duran Duran in 2023. Even though it wasn't really bad, it was easily the 4th worst Indiana Jones movie. They should have stopped after 3.

TITTIEKISSER69

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Beetlejuice

Areola Grande

Finger Prince posted:

It was a couple of nights ago, but I watched Asteroid City, which was magical and perfect. I loved every bit of it.

Then I watched the new Indiana Jones movie, which was kind of like going to see Duran Duran in 2023. Even though it wasn't really bad, it was easily the 4th worst Indiana Jones movie. They should have stopped after 3.

Wes Anderson has released 4 short films on Netflix. They're all excellent. I started with the Tale of Henry Sugar or w/e. Good poo poo yo

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
The Imitation Game

On a scale of 1 to E... I give it a ∆

Scuba Trooper

forgot to post in here last week: last night in soho

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
The neighbor lady and I saw After Death in the theater.

Really good

watho

Scuba Trooper posted:

forgot to post in here last week: last night in soho

more like last week in soho :haw:

Scuba Trooper

watho posted:

more like last week in soho :haw:

u scoundrel!!!

Areola Grande

tried to watch Renfield but it was bad. I only lasted ten minutes :thumbsdown:

Finger Prince

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Goddamn what a fantastic movie.
Maybe the best animation film I've ever seen.

Finger Prince

The Sparks Brothers.
A Sparks biopic.
Just watch it.

Philippe

(she/her)

Saw X. It was a Saw movie I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

Finger Prince posted:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Goddamn what a fantastic movie.
Maybe the best animation film I've ever seen.

hell yeah, this movie kicked rear end.

Philippe posted:

Saw X. It was a Saw movie I guess

same
I got bored and fell asleep while dudes were getting drilled in the eye or whatever

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!