Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ominous Jazz

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
I watched Napoleon and Master and Commander and both blew my dick right off my body. They're the kinds of movies that remind you why art is so cool and why you bother to pursue it and see what people made

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style
I watched Hell Comes To Frogtown last night. In April me and my friends do an annual "bad movie month" culminating in watching the hit movie Food Fight. We setup an underpowered projector and watch the movies on the side of the art studio next door.

Hell Comes To Frogtown is a weird movie, and it's Bad, but not bad enough and it's horny but it's not horny enough. It stars Roddy Piper as Sam Hell. It's quarter past the apocalypse and the nukes have made some people frogs and most people infertile. Not Sam though, and he's hired by the femdom government to rescue 5 fertile virgins (strange!) from Frogtown a town full of frog mens. There's action! it's not very good. it's a weirdly unhorny movie for being so horny. you don't even see ONE mutated frog penis (pee pee), despite their being a lot of horny frog weirdos and it's even a plot point that the bad guy frog has THREE penises (pee pees). It's really unambitious despite its premise and it's very comfortable wasting your time. On a scale from -10 to 10, with 10 being earnestly a great movie and -10 being a great bad movie, it's sitting at like... -4

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style
I watched Friday the 13th Part 5! it was not good. It doesn't respect your time. There's a scene where a guy named Demon and his girlfriend Anita, sing to each other on the toilet and they're more likable than any one else in the cast.

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style
I just watched Friday the 13th part 6! It's less bad, and the kills are better, but it's less ambitious and I liked the weird randos in part 5 more than the characters in part 6.

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style
As part of Bad Movie Month we watched the movie From Justin to Kelly starring the first season american idol winners.
Its a movie about spring break! Everyone's a little too old. It's a musical! None of the musical numbers are good. The b plots are fun though.
4/10 on a scale from -10 to 10 with zero being the worst. That's a 1 for every dollar I spent to rent it.

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style
baz luhrman is not for beginners

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style
Trollz: a movie made by Asylum. Not to be confused with trolls. it's a movie with dogshit visuals. just bad to look at. food fight level bad. it's pretty inoffensive and forgettable otherwise, except Ja Rule voices the troll creature and it's weird that that happens. -6/10

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style
Jason Goes To Hell
He did not go to Hell
There was a cowboy though,
3/10

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style
Jason X is a made for tv movie that somehow tricked everyone into letting itself be in theaters. this movie does not help me understand Jason's motivations but after ten of these loving things I think he's just a dude who kills dudes for no real reason despite having a very sympathetic background and being his own mom.

-7/10 it's bad but enjoyably bad and most of these things are just bad. Jason dunks a lady's face into some cryo stuff and smashes it onto the table and it looks like a red slushie

edit: favorite movie of the night, but ironic

Ominous Jazz fucked around with this message at 05:05 on May 1, 2023

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style
Little Big League takes the idea of a little kid getting to be in charge of the Minnesota Twins VERY seriously. It's not a fun escapist fantasy, this kid is cracking under pressure. 7/10

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style
Folks it was may fifth, and that can only mean one thing; it's time for our annual Food Fight (2012) watch. This is our ninth annual viewing. We, collectively, have probably seem this movie more times than any other people on earth. It does not make it easier to know this, but it does explain the nightmare. We invented bad movie month to hype ourselves up for this piece of poo poo. It's become familiar in a sickening way. This year I welcomed it like an old friend and slipped into it easily. Last year was particularly rough. Two years before that I set Spotify to dark side of the moon. There's so many layers to why it doesn't work, so many awful little things you can't take in on the first viewing. It's a true -10/10

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style
Ballad of Buster Scruggs
Watch out! It's good.

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style
the scruggs are bustin

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style
Nightmare On Elms Street
it's nice to watch a horror movie that's actually scary and actually has motivation after suffering through all the Friday the 13ths

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style
Nightmare on Elms Street 2: Freddy's Revenge
very different energy. very gay (complimentary). i can see why freddy became an 80s phenomenon.

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style

Areola Grande posted:

saw that for the first time recently and was genuinely freaked out by all the crazy ceiling poo poo :cry:

it's SO much grosser than i thought it would be! but it's good at ramping the tension and showing scary sights. it holds up!

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style
i watched Shin Godzilla and The Raid
Shin Godzilla owns bones and really got me invested in the politics around Godzilla

Shinzo "dead boi" Abe posted:

"I think that [Godzilla's] popularity is rooted in the unwavering support that the public has for the Self-Defense Forces."
this dudes dead as gently caress so i can't make fun of him for missing the point of the movie so hard

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style
last night i watched Upír z Feratu (Ferat Vampire) a Czechoslovakian horror movie about how cars are a force of evil in your life

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style
I watched The Frighteners it's truly a banger

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style
the warcraft movie
it's bad!

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style
Gymkata! it's a good bad action movie that honestly made me bummed out for how bad action in action movies are now a days. also the village of the damned scene was WILD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style
i really like the poster for it but haven't seen it. i'm gonna check it out