Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts

oh I didn't see this thread before

just watch m3gan, avatar 2 yesterday as well as sicario and before that pale blue eye and so puss in boots and uhm I think I'm missing some more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

who of you got Letterboxd, I need to add you and like your reviews and also I log everything I see at all times, including a movie that's running in the background of a screen on a plane and I'm barely able to listen, I'm gonna log and review it you better believe me!!

Goons Are Gifts

Yes more goons to follow! I already got the entire Letterboxd thread of c/d https://boxd.it/3WPkv

Goons Are Gifts

Star wars attack of the clones

Didn't have enough jarjar Bings imo

Goons Are Gifts

Margin Call, where a banker is supposed to be a good guy but no one believes him

Goons Are Gifts

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Not sure if this is an actual movie of if you meant to post this in the 'good jokes you can't be bothered to develop a thread for' thread..?

It's actually a real movie and believe or not, the banker I mentioned, it's Kevin Spacey

Goons Are Gifts

Today. I have watched Sisu, a Finnish movie coming out next week about the Finnish grandpa of John Wick, but compared to Keanu Reeves, this guy is actually dangerous and brutal

He is killing nazis in the most hilarious ways imaginable and yes that does include throwing a wooden mine he dug out of of a mine field head first into the face of a nazi, making it go off turning him into nazi goo

Good movie

Goons Are Gifts

I've remembered to finally bookmark this thread and post about the many many movies I watch, I hope you guys won't mind because I watch a lot and I was looking for a space to post about it beyond Letterboxd for a while so this is it sorry

Goons Are Gifts

watho posted:

yeah i saw it a couple of weeks ago it’s v good. the climax had some cheap looking effects that didn’t quite sell the idea they had but overall it was very good

Did you know it's a true story, without dramatization or special effects added by the director, but exactly word for word and scene by scene based on how eye witnesses described it??

I mean it's probably not because he killed all witnesses and some of the scenes at least let you doubt the realism a little bit, but I dunno the Finnish are crazy you know they are

Goons Are Gifts

Gonna watch a preview today again and I'm on my way there and luckily I'M ALREADY LATE AGAIN BECAUSE THE GODDAMN TRAIN WON'T MOVE AND oh it's moving now okay I'll report about the movie soon assuming I can still get there

Goons Are Gifts

Oh it's another preview in another cinema but it's the same movie as yesterday Sisu, but this time it doesn't bother me at all, I love seeing this movie again it's so badass!!!,

Goons Are Gifts

He only says two lines in the entire movie and that's in the end mentioning that carrying gold is heavier than carrying money bills

Apart from that and a very important emotional detail the rewatch did not surpris me. Good! Too often I oversee things in movies and only catch them on the second or third watch, but when it comes to grandpa killing nazis hilariously, I'm all ears

Goons Are Gifts

I wanted to check that out, it's fun yes?

Goons Are Gifts

Snuff Melange posted:

Yeah it's great! Watch closely as it rewards a careful viewer, and in general just a great time. If you're into a loosely similar vibe of a movie, I recommend everyone watch Burning, another Korean psychological thriller. Absolutely beautifully shot, well acted, and dripping with mystery and tension.

I loved Burning, watched it a good three or four times by now, so this sounds amazing

Goons Are Gifts

Tonight I'm watching Pope's exorcist with Russel the Pope Crowe being the exorcist in wild horror because I had a terrible day and want to see loving Russel Crowe beating up demons in a brutal horror way

Oh my god he's taking LATIN in this lol

Goons Are Gifts fucked around with this message at 19:12 on May 3, 2023

Goons Are Gifts

Für first exorcism russel does in the first scene is him making fun of the demon by saying ohhh you can possess anything you say, anything at all?? Well then possess this pig, show me, ohhh you can't, you're too weak??? Ohhh how bad

and the demon gets mad and does it and the guy is healed and demon in a pig

That's quality horror right here

Goons Are Gifts

Just finished the movie, it's classic fun horror about demons and exorcisms and it's about Gabriele Amorth, who was an actual exorcist appointed by the pope in Rome and he died in 2016 after more than 70 000 exorcisms so you know this is a real thing and not just a movie about demons

It's not super scary, not too bloody either, it's a joking and fun Russel Crowe as Amorth who beats the crap out of demons and of course there's big bad main demon voiced by the incredible Ralph Ineson and yeah, if that's your thing, watch it, it's funs

Goons Are Gifts

I watched the whale. I dunno, it's not bad but it's also not amazing, I know it's a polarizing movie but I don't even think that because it's exaggerated or disgusting or doesn't come to closure with the topic at hand or focuses too much on the part that matters the least but at the same time is the most yuck and spectacular, being the surface of an eating disorder and how ugly it can be and how eating can be a very ugly thing, but mostly because it's very full of itself and convinced that it's doing a grand job. It's like, Aronofsky knows what he's doing, and he is, but he also has to show that a lot, which ends up borderline manipulative or at least just doing it for the spectacles.

However, the artistic performance of the actors are amazing and the make up department as well as the stage designer did an amazing job.

Goons Are Gifts

Absolutely not a feel good movie and while it can be, eh, impressive, it doesn't have to be fun in the normal sense of the word either. But I mean that's Aronofsky.

Goons Are Gifts

Coherence, wild movie about comets and parallel universe and physics and Einstein and terrible dinner decisions

Goons Are Gifts

What movie did you guys like the most of the, say, past three you watched?? Why?? I need to expand on my already ridiculously large watch list via recommendations.

Goons Are Gifts

Suzume, apparently some anime!

Goons Are Gifts

watho posted:

was it good? i really love some of makoto shinkai’s work but he’s real hit or miss

I did not watch his other works, I want to now though, as I did like it!
I read that apparently the plot structure is not unfamiliar with his other things and it's again very metaphorical and strong in pictures and stuff. It tackles a lot of heavy topics, but mainly it focuses on dealing with losing loved ones and mourning even in traumatic circumstances, embedded in a nice, although not entirely explained fantasy story. I liked the fantasy part of it as much as the emotional style it's written in and the visuals are woah and the topics are very intense and important I think, but that may not be everyone's opinion. Critics and audiences like it though based on pure numbers and I do, too!

Goons Are Gifts

Rrrrremfield, with an arrogant overacting Nicolas Cage as Dracula

Goons Are Gifts

Tonight I'm watching Indiana Jones with 13 billion years old Harrison Ford made young again for a portion of the movie
He came to a German political talk show a few days ago and talked about German politics which he knows weirdly lots about, and he also mentioned how much fun it was to be so bloody young again, he felt like he's barely 70!!

Hope it's a fun movie, he deserves a fun movie

Goons Are Gifts

Lalalalalalalalalaland

Goons Are Gifts

We watched The Room and as usual it is TEARING ME APART, LISA

Goons Are Gifts

Gonna try and watch the Oppenheimer thing tonight, who knows what will happen

Goons Are Gifts

baka fwocka fwame posted:

holy poo poo ur sig lol

It's perfect isn't it, I'm grateful every single time I see it, I was blessed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Constantine! Great movie, I just had to put it back into my Letterboxd favorites!