Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sb hermit

Technically the last movie I watched was National Treasure starring Nick Cage. But I see it once every two weeks because that's when I donate platelets. It's the only movie on dvd that I would watch on repeat. It's a great action mystery movie. There's also a sequel and part 3 is coming out soon.

But a better answer would be Dark Angel, a movie about an alien terrorizing a town during the christmas holidays. I mentioned it in the chat thread, when we were discussing Dolph Lundgren. It's the kind of mindless action horror movie that's kinda like The Rock (with Sean Connery). With that expectation in mind, it's not bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit

Dr. Honked posted:

5 kicks so much rear end.

:hai:

sb hermit

Oops, please ignore.

sb hermit fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Aug 3, 2022

sb hermit

the laid back camp (aka yurucamp) movie

it's got laid back
it's got camping
it's a movie

sb hermit

Areola Grande posted:

did u love it or what

yes

sb hermit

if it were permitted by the US constitution then I would ask them to marry me

sb hermit

dunno where the ring would go though

sb hermit

also, I tried to make a surreptitious goatse joke regarding the ring but it was too convoluted and would have required effort in rendering my idea using a visual medium

sb hermit

unbroken post combo

sb hermit

my power scales indefinitely

I cannot be stopped

sb hermit

Areola Grande posted:

yuru camp owns I wish I had the fortitude for winter camping

:same:

sb hermit

sb hermit

choose or die

sb hermit

Broad Peak

sb hermit

baka fwocka fwame posted:

looks like bad movies are back on the menu

:rimshot:

sb hermit

baka fwocka fwame posted:

were they identical or frat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMUEeONaglQ

Identical

sb hermit

(I used to watch the movie on tv as a kid and this promo has stuck to me to this day... it's hilarious)

sb hermit

lol

sb hermit

groundhog day

also, watched a bit of palm springs (2020)

sb hermit

R.I.P.D

it's on Netflix

sb hermit

RIPD 2

I actually liked it better than the first one!

sb hermit

The Bridge Curse (foreign movie on Netflix)

sb hermit

lights out (2016)

sb hermit

The Devil Below

sb hermit

Phenomena (2023, Netflix)

sb hermit

Finger Prince posted:

Dungeons and Dragons thieves within or something

It was thoroughly enjoyable and I highly recommend it. The humor was on point, especially if you've played the game. The characters, especially the paladin, too. Just a really good flick. Go see it with some friends, or by yourself like I did and laugh along with the fellow anonymous geeks in the audience. Just the right amount of fan service imo.

:same:

sb hermit

King of Thorn

(anime, on Crunchyroll)

sb hermit

Goatse and Gallant posted:

I've remembered to finally bookmark this thread and post about the many many movies I watch, I hope you guys won't mind because I watch a lot and I was looking for a space to post about it beyond Letterboxd for a while so this is it sorry

sb hermit

Gonna watch a preview today again and I'm on my way there and luckily I'M ALREADY LATE AGAIN BECAUSE THE GODDAMN TRAIN WON'T MOVE AND oh it's moving now okay I'll report about the movie soon assuming I can still get there

:ohdearsass:

sb hermit

Snuff Melange posted:

Yeah it's great! Watch closely as it rewards a careful viewer, and in general just a great time. If you're into a loosely similar vibe of a movie, I recommend everyone watch Burning, another Korean psychological thriller. Absolutely beautifully shot, well acted, and dripping with mystery and tension.

Where did you watch Burning?

sb hermit

Für first exorcism russel does in the first scene is him making fun of the demon by saying ohhh you can possess anything you say, anything at all?? Well then possess this pig, show me, ohhh you can't, you're too weak??? Ohhh how bad

and the demon gets mad and does it and the guy is healed and demon in a pig

That's quality horror right here

that actually sounds pretty cool!

sb hermit

:five:

sb hermit

Night on the Galactic Railroad

sb hermit

Leraika posted:

did you like it? it's one of my favorites.

yes, it's made me contemplate a lot of things

sometimes I talk to old departed friends in my dreams and it's such a comforting feeling, but waking up and having that memory of a conversation, so strong and almost tanglible, disappear like a mist as your mind becomes more alert, is gut wrenching

and funny enough, the more you try to grasp and retain it, the quicker it leaves... for me, it's better to savor it and try to retain just the salient points and just hope I get to experience it again (I won't)

sb hermit

Unknown - the lost pyramid

sb hermit

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Shutter Island. I know the big reveal but I still like the movie.

it might be the only leonardo dicaprio movie that I like

he’s good in a lot of movies but I only really enjoy horror and melancholy and this movie has it in spadea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit

beer pal posted:

did they make a persona anime

persona 5 got an anime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNA0jNzXzZE