Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iambic Pentameter

Battleship Potemkin, some scenes dragged for a bit but it's really interesting to watch a piece of cinematic history that changed film editing, and a lot of the shots are still fantastic even by today's standards

Also a favorite movie of Orson Welles and Stanley Kubrick apparently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iambic Pentameter

Mederlock posted:

Well my wife and I went to watch The Boy and The Heron from Ghibli at the local theatre yesterday and it was pretty cool!! Some people are saying it's Miyazaki's best, personally I don't think I agree with that but it's definitely top five-ish. The inspirations from Japanese folklore is pretty neat.

i haven't seen every ghibli but i'd say it's the second best i've seen with spirited away being the first, really loved it

i'm also glad they barely revealed any info about the movie since going in with 0 expectations made it way better

Iambic Pentameter

Godzilla Minus One

The old movies were guilty pleasures for me in high school but this one you genuinely care about the characters and wanna see them pull through, really loved it

Also they didn't play any music during certain scenes which made them more gripping and made it hit even harder when the classic theme kicked in

Iambic Pentameter

Challengers

was kinda lukewarm on it for most of the runtime, then the ending completely turned it around for me, best final 10 minutes of a movie i've seen in a while

Iambic Pentameter fucked around with this message at 23:04 on May 4, 2024

Iambic Pentameter

Hundreds of Beavers

Funniest goddamn movie I've seen in a while, this generation's Kung Pow