Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Identity (2003). Great cast; decent setup for a story; eye-rolling sophomoric plot twists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buttchocks

Mission Impossible 1
Mission Impossible 2
Mission Impossible 4

Either Netflix couldn't get the rights to 3, or it's playing a very clever joke on it's subscribers.

Buttchocks

The Goldfinch. That was quite a rollercoaster. good though.
Tonight is The Hunt for Red October. I loving love that movie.

Buttchocks

Rocky is like Godzilla; the first one was a respectable cinematic work, and in the sequels they fight Baragon.

Buttchocks

Areola Grande posted:

It's a real family affair of a film.

:dadjoke:

Buttchocks

The 10 Commandments (1923). Quite a bit different than the Charleton Heston one. Only the first half is the Biblical story, and the second half is a morality tale set in (1920's) modern times. There's a lot of thematic bleedover from the first half to the second, and both halves would be fine on their own, but it felt weird to jump tracks like that in the middle. It's like when sci-fi movies start out on an alien planet and then make excuses to get everyone to modern day LA.

Buttchocks

I do like a good anthology movie.

Buttchocks

Run Rabbit Run. Australian cello ghosts are dicks.*

*Ghosts that sound like cellos, not ghosts of cellos.**

**Not to be confused with Ghosts of Cellos, the black metal cello band.

Buttchocks

Nowhere (2023) on Netflix - Kind of impressive as a lost at sea survival story. The lead actress was very good. Hints of dystopian world building, but that's not really the focus. Content warning if you're squeamish about birth. I do have to call bullshit on the snickers bar. No one is going to save that for later when they're starving enough to eat their own placenta. "Snickers: worse than your own medical waste!"

Buttchocks

Dragonwyck (1946) with Vincent Price. Good name for a speed metal band. I always used to think that gothic horror was boring because aside from the occasional ghost of the previous wife or the inevitable house fire at the end, it wasn't actually scary. Now I realize that the setting itself is the horror, and every day of every character's life is a waking nightmare of repression, toxicity, grief, and very silly clothes that can only be escaped in the merciful embrace of death.

Also, people use the word Kermis a lot in this movie. I think Kermis was Dragonwyck's debut album.

Buttchocks

Glengary Glenross Glenchandler Glenjoey Glenphoebe Glenmonica Glenrachel
They jumped in the pool so hard it rained for the entire first half.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buttchocks

Paganini Horror (1988) - good-bad cheesy Italian horror movie with Donald Pleasance in a small role. Plot involves a female rock band, sheet music previously owned by Paganini, and being trapped in an evil mansion. This would be a good add for a horror marathon, or an 80's marathon, or a date with someone who gets turned on by 2-inch tape reels.